open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: To rule based on an assault upon an individual's conscience is to display a profound ignorance. And the rule of the ignorant is suicide. - Glenn Hough (970 A.D.S.)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Ursula K. Le Guin Memorial Reading Challenge
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Reply New post    General Discussion -> Roll-Your-Own Reading ChallengeMessage format

Administrator
Posted 2018-01-28 1:50 PM (#16786)
Subject: Ursula K. Le Guin Memorial Reading Challenge
Quote Reply

Admin

Join me in a year long celebration of one of the greatest genre fiction writers of all time.  The Ursula K. Le Guin Memorial Reading Challenge is to read any works of fiction or non-fiction by or about the author and to share your experiences with each each other.

The challenge has 4 levels with optional review requirements and should play nicely with many of the other challenges on offer.

Read on!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Groovy Acolyte
Posted 2018-01-28 3:25 PM (#16789 - in reply to #16786)
Subject: RE: Ursula K. Le Guin Memorial Reading Challenge
Quote Reply

New User

Excellent idea for a challenge. I'm definitely in! I was first introduced to her in a freshmen writing course on sex and race in anthropology and science fiction. I haven't read The Left Hand of Darkness since then and this is definitely a good excuse to revisit it.
Administrator
Posted 2018-01-28 3:47 PM (#16790 - in reply to #16789)
Quote Reply

Admin

Groovy Acolyte - 2018-01-28 3:25 PM Excellent idea for a challenge. I'm definitely in! I was first introduced to her in a freshmen writing course on sex and race in anthropology and science fiction. I haven't read The Left Hand of Darkness since then and this is definitely a good excuse to revisit it.

Excellent, Groovy, and welcome aboard!  I wonder how many takers we're going to have for this challenge?  I suspect there are lots of folks thinking about her works and doing some re-reading of old favorites.

Weesam
Posted 2018-01-28 7:49 PM (#16792 - in reply to #16789)
Quote Reply

Uber User

Groovy Acolyte - 2018-01-29 8:25 AM

Excellent idea for a challenge. I'm definitely in! I was first introduced to her in a freshmen writing course on sex and race in anthropology and science fiction. I haven't read The Left Hand of Darkness since then and this is definitely a good excuse to revisit it.

Welcome Groovy. That sounds like a fascinating course you took.
daxxh
Posted 2018-01-28 10:47 PM (#16793 - in reply to #16792)
Subject: Re: Ursula K. Le Guin Memorial Reading Challenge
Quote Reply

Extreme Veteran

I'm in. I already had Four Ways to Forgiveness on hold at the library. I also have a copy of The Birthday of the World that I have been meaning to read. This will also give me a reason to reread The Dispossessed. I read it in Jr high. I would probably get a lot of different things out of it reading it as an adult. Same with The Left Hand of Darkness.
valashain
Posted 2018-01-29 9:29 AM (#16797 - in reply to #16786)
Subject: Re: Ursula K. Le Guin Memorial Reading Challenge
Quote Reply

Uber User

We're pretty well stocked in UKLG works (87 at last count), but should anyone find anything missing let me know. I intend prioritise a few more pieces of short fiction I need for one of my short story projects this week.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)