open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Well-read people are less likely to be evil. -- Lemony Snicket (The Slippery Slope)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Standard Ebooks - a source of free, classic ebooks
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> PublishersMessage format

SSSimon
Posted 2020-11-15 4:41 AM (#22631)
Subject: Standard Ebooks - a source of free, classic ebooks

Uber User

Hi!

I'd like to recommend Standard Ebooks - a volunteer-driven project devoted to taking public domain works (from Project Gutenberg) and publishing high-quality ebooks (with modern typesetting, checked against page scans of the original and proofed by users). They have produced many sci-fi classics, including Wells, Verne and many others:
https://standardebooks.org/tags/science-fiction

They have a bunch of fantasy novels as well:
https://standardebooks.org/tags/fantasy

The ebooks are a joy to read and you can contribute as well, either with small corrections or producing a whole book yourself.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2020-11-15 1:25 PM (#22637 - in reply to #22631)
Subject: RE: Standard Ebooks - a source of free, classic ebooks

Admin

SSSimon - 2020-11-15 4:41 AM Hi! I'd like to recommend Standard Ebooks - a volunteer-driven project devoted to taking public domain works (from Project Gutenberg) and publishing high-quality ebooks (with modern typesetting, checked against page scans of the original and proofed by users).

What a great resource! As much as I like PG they're not always the best quality scans. The selection in this site is already pretty decent for genre works and the site layout is a treat. I dipped into a couple books just to see and it all looks really well done. Thanks for letting us know about this site. Lots of titles worth exploring!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)