open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Conformity and rebellion...both ways are simple-minded--they are only for people who cannot cope with contradiction and ambiguity." - Neal Stephenson - The Diamond Age
- (Added by: Administrator)

new entry for Genre-Lit flicks
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

mgkurilla
Posted 2020-12-26 9:27 AM (#22725)
Subject: new entry for Genre-Lit flicks

Regular

Not sure the specific criteria for this list, but...

Richard Matheson's 1978 book, What Dreams May Come was the basis for the 1998 Robin Williams film with the same title (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Dreams_May_Come_(film)).

Can it be added?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2020-12-26 12:16 PM (#22726 - in reply to #22725)
Subject: RE: new entry for Genre-Lit flicks

Admin

mgkurilla - 2020-12-26 9:27 AM Not sure the specific criteria for this list, but... Richard Matheson's 1978 book, What Dreams May Come was the basis for the 1998 Robin Williams film with the same title (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Dreams_May_Come_(film)). Can it be added?

The Genre-Lit Flicks list is undergoing a massive overhaul at the moment. Uber User Engelbrecht has been working on the updated list that's going to be almost three times as long as what we have now and includes many corrections. Last I spoke with him about it the list was "ready enough" to put up. This is one of those never ending projects with new movies and shows coming out all the time. Let me take a look at it and see if I can get that updated while I'm on vacation this week. 

mgkurilla
Posted 2020-12-26 10:10 PM (#22729 - in reply to #22726)
Subject: RE: new entry for Genre-Lit flicks

Regular

Thanks!
bazhsw
Posted 2021-10-18 1:58 PM (#23483 - in reply to #22725)
Subject: Re: new entry for Genre-Lit flicks

Regular

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but Adam Nevill's 'No One Gets Out Alive' and 'The Ritual' have both been made into decent movies and would be good additions to the Genre-Lit list (mindful that maintaining that list would be a never ending challenge!)
Administrator
Posted 2021-10-18 3:56 PM (#23484 - in reply to #23483)

Admin

bazhsw - 2021-10-18 1:58 PM Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but Adam Nevill's 'No One Gets Out Alive' and 'The Ritual' have both been made into decent movies and would be good additions to the Genre-Lit list (mindful that maintaining that list would be a never ending challenge!)

We just finished with a huge update to the list a few weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to post about it yet but we went from ~200 to almost 600 books and 833 movies! Many thanks to Uber User Engelbrecht for taking over that list and being our curator! The initial list was rather arbitrary and I must admit poorly researched. Engelbrecht has sorted all that out now and set up guidelines to keep the list on track. Be sure to check out the new details tab on the list page for a description of how the list is built and what criteria qualify books and their movies for a spot on the list. 

Engelbrecht is taking some time to review the big update -- to make sure I didn't screw anything up -- then he'll begin putting together the next update. From here on out updates will be smaller batches to get the stuff we've missed and to keep on top of the many new adaptations that are coming out all the time.

This is the great place for us to start collecting and discussing new additions to the list so keep 'em coming!

bazhsw
Posted 2021-10-18 4:14 PM (#23485 - in reply to #22725)

Regular

I had a feeling it looked a lot bigger compared to when I last looked! Thanks for the update and wider thanks for the wonderful work on this site.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)