open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor." - Neil Gaiman
- (Added by: Administrator)

Iain Banks for $1
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

icowrich
Posted 2009-01-22 10:50 PM (#1552)
Subject: Iain Banks for $1

Admin

Use of WeaponsSure, we want you to buy this book from our Amazon store, but sometimes the competition is so good, that we have to give props. One dollar orbit is offering a different e-book every month for one dollar, each. In February, it will be Use of Weapons, the 1991 Clarke and BSFA nominee by Iain Banks. There's your chance to snag two more squares in your award bookcollection.

Of course, if you like ebooks and want to save some cash, WWEnd has a few for $0, in our Project Gutenburg ebook page. The 24 authors represented include 14 award winners from our database, including such luminaries as Poul Anderson, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Cory Doctorow, and Kurt Vonnegut.

Since I travel so much, and rarely stay in the same city more than a year or two, I've been investing in e-books for a while, now. Hey, I don't have to pack as many books when I move, and now Ican carry large portions of my library in my pocket, when I fly. These ebooks are readable by any reader (Ihave two Sony Readers, but Icurrently use the Amazon Kindle for its built in browser and e-store), and can even be imported in to many smartphones.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)