open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The report of my death was an exaggeration. - Mark Twain
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Sticky Welcome to the Group
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

pauljames
Posted 2014-11-08 8:26 AM (#8840 - in reply to #3604)
Subject: Re: Welcome to the Group

Veteran

Yes welcome to a great website. Maybe we should chat more although reading is such fun. Talking of which I am nearing the end of Part 1 of Book 1 of The Stormlight Archive which so far I have enjoyed. Good start to what is supposedly going to be a long series. Lots of art and maps which I always really enjoy as reference points,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Michael Drakich
Posted 2015-01-03 4:25 PM (#9121 - in reply to #3604)

New User

Hi Everyone,

My name is Michael Drakich and I am a self-published author of five novels and one novelette. One of my New Year's resolutions is to get out there in the sci-fi/fantasy community. As a way of introduction, until January 10, 2015 I'm giving away free copies of my ebooks to anyone interested with a limit of one per person. Visit my website at www.michaeldrakich.wordpress.com and choose which book appeals to you then message me there and I'll send it along. Wishing everyone all the best this new year.
Leyra'an
Posted 2016-01-09 8:57 AM (#12334 - in reply to #3604)

Regular

I've been reading of dustydigger's reading exploits regarding WWEnd lists for quite some time in another venue. She's read more books in the last year than I've read in the best part of a decade. Rather than continue to be plagued by feelings of inadequacies, I decided to start the New Year by checking this resource she mentions so often. Yes, dustydigger, it took me long enough. But here I am!

Currently reading David Brin's novel Kiln People, and hoping before 2016 runs its course to read a bit more than the dozen books I got to last year! Finding reading time is complicated by a conflict with a need for writing time. I keep finding myself with an hour to spare and being torn by the desire to read a few pages, or write a few. Yes, I'm one of those self-published authors you keep hearing about. You can hardly avoid hearing about us. I mean, it's getting so you can't throw a boomerang without taking out ten of us at once, the market so crowded!

In real life my name is Thomas Watson, and for the sake of simplicity, I write and publish under that name as well. (My real name would appear over my photo, but I wasn't paying proper attention when I joined that WWEnd - somehow thought the username would only be part of the login process.) When I track down the Promote Yourself thread dusty mentioned to me elsewhere I'll have more to say on that matter in the appropriate location.

I have a weblog, if you're so inclined. I don't get new material into it as often as I would like, but I do try to make each entry count. Feel free to drop in and browse. It's a good way to get to know me. https://underdesertstars.wordpress.com/

And now I'm off to find the "Pick and Mix" challenge dusty told me about.

Edited by Leyra'an 2016-01-09 9:06 AM
dustydigger
Posted 2016-01-09 1:47 PM (#12342 - in reply to #12334)

Elite Veteran

Hi thereThomas and welcome! Good to see you managed to find us,I know how hectic your life is,what with family commitments plus the writing which is a bit of a thorn in the side at the moment trying to finish off a book!You know me and lists,so I look upon this site as the Elysian Fields,as lists are virtually WWEnd's raison d'etre.Look over our Roll Your Own challenges,we cater for a nice variety - with reading levels too,which might help you since your reading time is limited. Happy reading
Leyra'an
Posted 2016-01-10 4:15 PM (#12360 - in reply to #12342)

Regular

I've got a list started, dusty!
pcawdron
Posted 2019-02-15 6:48 PM (#20728 - in reply to #3604)

New User

Hi, I'm Australian science fiction author. I'm releasing an anthology next month that represents a decade of writing. I'm looking for bloggers interested in reading and reviewing the anthology. Any takers?
illegible_scribble
Posted 2019-06-25 6:07 AM (#21018 - in reply to #20728)

Uber User

pcawdron - 2019-02-15 4:48 PM
Hi, I'm Australian science fiction author. I'm releasing an anthology next month that represents a decade of writing. I'm looking for bloggers interested in reading and reviewing the anthology. Any takers?

Hi, and welcome to Worlds Without End! I've sent you a private message.  

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)