open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Even though they had no interest in the way humans measured time or how the planets affected their actions, the robots knew Mercury retrograde was a point of crisis for them, inaugurating a period of voluptuous activity, one that would grow more and more intense as the days grew shorter. - Kathryn Davis (Duplex)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

Missing books
[Frozen]

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen New post    General Discussion -> Roll-Your-Own Reading ChallengeMessage format

JZS
Posted 2016-01-07 11:34 AM (#12313)
Subject: Missing books
Quote Reply

I joined the Books Read This Year: 2016 challenge (primarily to keep track) and notice that the three fantasy books I've already read this year are missing. Craig Schaefer's "The Long ay Down" and "Harmony Black" and Tiffany Tsao's "The Oddfits". Don't know if the first Schaefer publisher was traditional or a vanity press but the other two are Amazon imprints.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
spectru
Posted 2016-01-07 6:11 PM (#12318 - in reply to #12313)
Subject: Re: Missing books
Quote Reply

Veteran

Hi JZS

Here's the place to request missing books: https://www.worldswithoutend.com/mbbs22/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5...

The good folks here do a great job of filling in the gaps.

JZS
Posted 2016-01-07 7:59 PM (#12319 - in reply to #12318)
Quote Reply

Thank you so much!
illegible_scribble
Posted 2016-01-09 4:43 AM (#12330 - in reply to #12313)
Subject: RE: Missing books
Quote Reply

Uber User

JZS - 2016-01-08 4:34 AM
I joined the Books Read This Year: 2016 challenge (primarily to keep track) and notice that the three fantasy books I've already read this year are missing. Craig Schaefer's "The Long ay Down" and "Harmony Black" and Tiffany Tsao's "The Oddfits". Don't know if the first Schaefer publisher was traditional or a vanity press but the other two are Amazon imprints.

I apologize, I've only just seen your request.

I've entered Schaefer's 5 Daniel Faust books, the 2 Harmony Black books -- and what the hell, I entered the 3 Revanche Cycle books while I was it.

You can see the list here.

I've also entered the Tiffany Tsao book here.

If you enter any further requests on the Can't find the book you want? Make your book requests here! thread, the Uber Users should receive notification of them.

Enjoy!

JZS
Posted 2016-01-11 2:51 PM (#12374 - in reply to #12330)
Subject: RE: Missing books
Quote Reply

Thank you so much! When I saw the comment "only authors on the site" I wasn't going to follow up. Now I can get busy updating Thanks again!.
BeckyLeJ
Posted 2016-02-03 10:23 AM (#12580 - in reply to #12313)
Quote Reply

Hi, there! I'm participating in the Women of Genre Fiction challenge and one of my most recent reads - which is a new release - is understandably missing from the database. I notice the thread linked above for missing books specifies that you can only request titles be added by authors who are already in the database. Unfortunately, this author is not in the database at all that I can find, which is disappointing because my book in question is her third title. The previous two were released in 2014 and 2015. I'm hoping I might be able to get her and her titles added to the database for the challenge...

Jacey Bedford:
Winterwood (Rowankind book 1)
Empire of Dust (Psi-Tech)
Crossways (Psi-Tech)
Administrator
Posted 2016-02-03 11:41 AM (#12583 - in reply to #12580)
Quote Reply

Admin

BeckyLeJ - 2016-02-03 10:23 AM Hi, there! I'm participating in the Women of Genre Fiction challenge and one of my most recent reads - which is a new release - is understandably missing from the database. I notice the thread linked above for missing books specifies that you can only request titles be added by authors who are already in the database. Unfortunately, this author is not in the database at all that I can find, which is disappointing because my book in question is her third title. The previous two were released in 2014 and 2015. I'm hoping I might be able to get her and her titles added to the database for the challenge... Jacey Bedford: Winterwood (Rowankind book 1) Empire of Dust (Psi-Tech) Crossways (Psi-Tech)

Hello Becky,

In our early days we had a restriction on new authors being added while we built up our DB with the big names first and until we built the interface for Uber Users to add them.  That restriction is long dead so you can ask for any traditionally published authors you like to be added to the site in the book request thread.  The request thread is really long so the old instructions are still in there.  Might be time to close that one off and start a fresh one.

I'm going to freeze this thread since it's a bit confusing.  Please make your request over there where our Ubers will find them and get 'em added.  Thanks and sorry for the hassle.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)