open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there were not able to dream of Heaven?" - Neil Gaiman
- (Added by: Administrator)

Electronic submissions and big manuscripts
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> PublishersMessage format

Arathar
Posted 2012-06-14 3:37 AM (#3386)
Subject: Electronic submissions and big manuscripts

New User

I have been working on what one would classify as an epic fantasy for 9 years now. It is a trilogy and so the word count is large. The ROC Publishers site requests unsolicited manuscripts be electronically submitted through an email address and that they be no less than 80,000 words or up to 125,000.
Book 1 in my trilogy is at 154,000(+/-) words and I plan on writing the second book at around 158,000 and the third at about 160,000.
So my question is: Should I complete the trilogy and then send the entire manuscript containing all three books? Will the emailing option be able to handle the sizable content?
What would be the best way to go about submitting my manuscript(s) to Roc?

I would also like to know if Roc has any policies regarding submissions from other countries outside the USA?
Please help - I'd greatly appreciate some answers. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
David L. Ryan
Posted 2018-03-08 5:15 PM (#16910 - in reply to #3386)
Subject: RE: Electronic submissions and big manuscripts

New User

Why don't you attach the file to an email and send it to yourself to see what happens? I'd bet you'll be OK (as long as it's formatted according to specs, of course). The first book of my trilogy clocks in at about 135,000 words and I had no problem sending it to my editor. And, of course, she had no problems in receiving it.

I'm afraid I can't help you with Roc's policies.

David L. Ryan
Author of "Last Communion"
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)