open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: People who hate in concrete terms are dangerous. People who manage to hate only in abstracts are the ones worth having for your friends. John Brunner, Stand on Zanizbar
- (Added by: Rhondak101)

My "Defender" Series
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> WWEnd Member ProjectsMessage format

RobertLCollins
Posted 2015-12-06 12:59 PM (#12080)
Subject: My "Defender" Series

Hello!

I'm a SF/F author, and one of my book series is called "The Defender." It's in the fantasy genre, and the works are novellas (or around that length). You'll get an idea of what the series is about from the blurb of the first book, "Elderwood" -

"Allan flees Elderwood City because he killed the rich man who murdered his sister. He hides in the ruins of an ancient castle. He discovers the castle was the stronghold of one the legendary mages of yore.Allan learns that the magic never went away, only diminished due to overuse. He has the gift of using magic to cast spells. But what should he do with his new-found skill?"

"Elderwood" is a free ebook at Smashwords, iBooks, B&N, and Kobo.

There are now 10 stories in the series. You can get each one as an ebook, or get 5 stories in print volumes. To learn more about the series, go to the "Defender" page at my blog: http://robertlcollins.blogspot.com/p/the-defender-series.html

I hope you'll give the series a try. Thanks for taking a look!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RobertLCollins
Posted 2016-03-08 6:01 PM (#12929 - in reply to #12080)
Subject: Re: My "Defender" Series

Things are happening in the Defender series...

From here on out, I'll be releasing new stories in the series in one of two ways. Every five stories will be in a print volume, "Tales of the Defender." Every 10 will be in an ebook collection, "The Defender Chronicles." The third print volume is out now; here's what it's about:

"Allan began life poor, and knowing that magic was the stuff of ancient legends. One day he discovers that the magic never went away, and that he has the gift of using magic.

"He decides to fight injustice as The Defender, and fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. His wife Nancy joins him as The Moon Spirit. Although she cant cast spells, she can fight and use the enchanted equipment Allan crafts.

"This volume contains the third group of five Defender stories. The students of the Defender and the Moon Spirit are becoming Defenders in their own right. Theyre using magic to protect the innocent and bring down the guilty, however powerful the guilty might be. Theyre also expanding the knowledge of magic to rebuild what was lost when the time of the Great Mages ended."

The fourth volume will be out next month, along with the ebook collection of these stories. A few months later the first 10 will be in an ebook collection, replacing the individual ebooks. The first Defender story will remain free at Smashwords and elsewhere.

Check the Defender page at my blog for information and store links: http://robertlcollins.blogspot.com/p/the-defender-series.html
RobertLCollins
Posted 2016-04-13 5:24 PM (#13236 - in reply to #12080)

The fourth Defender print volume is now out:

"Allan began life poor, and knowing that magic was the stuff of ancient legends. One day he discovers that the magic never went away, and that he has the gift of using magic.

"He decides to fight injustice as The Defender, and fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. His wife Nancy joins him as The Moon Spirit. Although she cant cast spells, she can fight and use the enchanted equipment Allan crafts.

"This volume contains the fourth group of five Defender stories. The students of the Defender and the Moon Spirit are becoming Defenders in their own right. Theyre using magic to protect the innocent and bring down the guilty, however powerful the guilty might be."

Also out is "The Defender Chronicles, Volume 2," the ebook edition of Tales Volumes 3 and 4. Volume 1 should be out in a couple of months or so.

Thanks for taking a look!
RobertLCollins
Posted 2016-05-11 6:45 PM (#13547 - in reply to #12080)

"The Defender Chronicles, Volume 1," is now out:

Allan began life poor, and knowing that magic was the stuff of ancient legends. One day he discovers that the magic never went away, and that he has the gift of using magic.

He decides to fight injustice as The Defender, and fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. His wife Nancy joins him as The Moon Spirit. Although she cant cast spells, she can fight and use the enchanted equipment Allan crafts.

This volume contains Defender stories 1 to 10. They tell of Allans rise as the Defender, and how he and Nancy began their fight against injustice. Their struggles take them from the streets, to the halls of power, and to a distant land.

FYI, the first Defender story is a free ebook at Smashwords, B&N, iBooks, & Kobo. For store links go to the Defender page at my blog: http://robertlcollins.blogspot.com/p/the-defender-series.html
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)