open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I used to get high on life, but I developed a tolerance. Now I need something stronger." - unknown
- (Added by: whargoul)

The Legendarium Podcast - 2016 Brandon Sanderson Challenge
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Reply New post    General Discussion -> Roll-Your-Own Reading ChallengeMessage format

sylverfyre
Posted 2016-10-28 7:12 AM (#14509 - in reply to #12273)
Subject: Re: The Legendarium Podcast - 2016 Brandon Sanderson Challenge
Quote Reply

New User

No, i didnt skip. I just reread the original trilogy just before getting my hands on shadows/bands/SH.

WoK and WoR were second reads too. Following along with you guys is too much fun.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Badseedgirl
Posted 2016-12-19 12:39 PM (#14747 - in reply to #12273)
Quote Reply

Uber User

I just finished Hero of Ages and if I ever see Mr. Brandon Sanderson at a con, I'm going to walk right up to him and give him a huge hug and then kick him in the nuts!!!!! That is what he just did to his readers, the ending was both tragic and beautiful and I plan to eventually read the next books in the series, but I'm going to need a minute to recover. But why, why, why. That is all I can really say about this third book in the series.

Edited by Badseedgirl 2016-12-19 12:41 PM
TheLegendarium
Posted 2016-12-20 9:33 AM (#14753 - in reply to #14747)
Quote Reply

YES!! That's the reaction I love to hear! So glad you enjoyed it, and that the ending got such a strong reaction from you. It's my favorite ending in all of fantasy literature. I get wanting to recover before moving on with the series, certainly nothing wrong with that. Be aware, though, that the tone of the Mistborn Era 2 books is very different. So jumping from one to the other is not continuing in the same vein. Where Era 1 is big and emotional and E-P-I-C, Era 2 is more simply adventurous, along the lines of Indiana Jones or Sherlock Holmes. Whenever you get to it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)