open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Then they set out along the blacktop in the gunmetal light, shuffling through the ash, each the other's world entire." - Cormac McCarthy (The Road)
- (Added by: Emil)

Hello and Thanks for the Wonderful Site
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

JohnBem
Posted 2016-03-12 9:15 PM (#12978)
Subject: Hello and Thanks for the Wonderful Site

Regular

I discovered WWE about a month ago and I am totally digging the site. I've been using Goodreads since 2012, and I like that site quite a bit too, but I like WWE even more. I really like lists, so WWE's book lists, award lists, and series lists are some of my favorite features. WWE also, thanks to the encouragement of the RYO Reading Challenge I've joined, has started me on the habit of writing a review of each book I read (I rated but didn't review books on Goodreads, so anything I read that I transferred from there to here only has a rating; but from this point on, reviews too). I like how the My World page keeps track of everything you've read, I like the resources, the blog, the forums. I really like this site. Thanks to the lists, I've also got the notion in my head (probably an overambitious notion) that I want to try to read 100% of all the lists and award nominees and winners. So that means, WWE, that you must please stick around for a very long time. I'm not sure what it is about WWE, but on it I am more active than I am on any other site I use, where I mostly just read and rank and rarely comment or review. So thank you WWE administrators and uber users and staff for all of your hard work. This fan appreciates it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2016-03-12 10:11 PM (#12979 - in reply to #12978)
Subject: RE: Hello and Thanks for the Wonderful Site

Admin

JohnBem - 2016-03-12 9:15 PM I discovered WWE about a month ago and I am totally digging the site. I've been using Goodreads since 2012, and I like that site quite a bit too, but I like WWE even more. I really like lists, so WWE's book lists, award lists, and series lists are some of my favorite features. WWE also, thanks to the encouragement of the RYO Reading Challenge I've joined, has started me on the habit of writing a review of each book I read (I rated but didn't review books on Goodreads, so anything I read that I transferred from there to here only has a rating; but from this point on, reviews too). I like how the My World page keeps track of everything you've read, I like the resources, the blog, the forums. I really like this site. Thanks to the lists, I've also got the notion in my head (probably an overambitious notion) that I want to try to read 100% of all the lists and award nominees and winners. So that means, WWE, that you must please stick around for a very long time. I'm not sure what it is about WWE, but on it I am more active than I am on any other site I use, where I mostly just read and rank and rarely comment or review. So thank you WWE administrators and uber users and staff for all of your hard work. This fan appreciates it.

On behalf of the whole team thanks for the lovely comments!  I'm really excited that you're enjoying so many features on the site and that you're getting motivated to participate in our community.  We've got so many great people around here and we're all having a ton of fun reading and talking genre fiction.  I'm also very glad to see you've noticed the great work of our Uber Users.  These folks are right there with us every step of the way making WWEnd better and better.

It's always nice to hear that people appreciate what we're doing here and it really energizes us to keep on making the site better.  We'll be around a long long time -- as long as there are fans who want us to continue.  Thanks, John!

valashain
Posted 2016-03-13 9:57 AM (#12983 - in reply to #12979)
Subject: Re: Hello and Thanks for the Wonderful Site

Uber User

You know we are constantly working to add more awards and lists right? 100% might take you a lifetime
JohnBem
Posted 2016-03-14 2:16 AM (#12985 - in reply to #12983)

Regular

A lifetime of reading, huh? I'm OK with that. Even if I don't make it, it'll be fun to try. The effort will be just as rewarding as the accomplishment.
JohnBem
Posted 2016-03-27 7:48 PM (#13090 - in reply to #12985)

Regular

OK. I just discovered that award lists can be broken out by year. It seems the more I poke around this site, the more neat features I discover. This one is a fun one.
Daniel Salvo
Posted 2016-04-28 6:27 PM (#13398 - in reply to #12978)

New User

I knew about this site in Facebook and SF Signal. Very proud to be here. Greetings from Peru, South America.

Edited by Daniel Salvo 2016-04-28 6:29 PM
Administrator
Posted 2016-04-28 8:54 PM (#13399 - in reply to #13398)

Admin

Daniel Salvo - 2016-04-28 6:27 PM I knew about this site in Facebook and SF Signal. Very proud to be here. Greetings from Peru, South America.

Hello, Daniel!  Welcome to WWEnd.  I hope you enjoy what we've got on offer and please do let us know if you have any questions.  Cheers!

illegible_scribble
Posted 2016-05-02 10:10 PM (#13440 - in reply to #12978)

Uber User

Welcome JohnBem and Daniel Salvo!

Right now, I'm just working on hopefully someday having read all the Hugo and Nebula nominees. I don't think I'll live long enough to complete the rest of the awards.

JohnBem
Posted 2016-05-04 3:51 AM (#13462 - in reply to #13440)

Regular

Thanks Illegible! You never know; we might live long enough to see the day when our consciousness and our intellect can be uploaded into an un-decaying robot body. Then, imagine it: all the time in the world to read all the books on all the lists, and more!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)