open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. -- William James
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Missing Science Fiction Books
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

10000_Sesterces
Posted 2016-04-29 1:20 AM (#13400)
Subject: Missing Science Fiction Books

New User

Hello all!

I was wondering what the criterion for including science fiction books to the site are, as in my quest to add the books I have read over the years I found some that were not included. If it's simply a matter of time and energy, I was wondering if it is possible for members to enter new books, filling out all required fields and including a picture of course, for approval by whoever moderates the site.

An example of what I consider to be a "missing" book would be "A Stitch In Time" by Andrew J. Robinson, one of if not the most well received book in the rather prolific Star Trek: Deep Space Nine line. I noticed there were eleven other DS9 books included on the site, but not this one. Edit: Another example I just found is Halo: The Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund. Cerebral science fiction it isn't, but a million+ copies is nothing to sneeze at.

Thank you for your time and insight,
Sesterces

Edited by 10000_Sesterces 2016-04-29 1:33 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2016-04-29 9:32 AM (#13403 - in reply to #13400)
Subject: RE: Missing Science Fiction Books

Admin

10000_Sesterces - 2016-04-29 1:20 AM Hello all! I was wondering what the criterion for including science fiction books to the site are, as in my quest to add the books I have read over the years I found some that were not included. If it's simply a matter of time and energy, I was wondering if it is possible for members to enter new books, filling out all required fields and including a picture of course, for approval by whoever moderates the site. An example of what I consider to be a "missing" book would be "A Stitch In Time" by Andrew J. Robinson, one of if not the most well received book in the rather prolific Star Trek: Deep Space Nine line. I noticed there were eleven other DS9 books included on the site, but not this one. Edit: Another example I just found is Halo: The Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund. Cerebral science fiction it isn't, but a million+ copies is nothing to sneeze at. Thank you for your time and insight, Sesterces

Hello 10KS and welcome to WWEnd!  We have a running forum thread where you can make your book requests here:

Can't find the book you want? Make your book requests here! Part II

There are guidelines at the top of the thread for what we'll accept.  We have a select group of Uber Users who have data rights to add new books and authors.  They monitor that thread and respond to member requests.  They're really quite fast though you may experience a bit of a delay if no one is available right away.

As you guessed, it really is just a matter of time and energy.  Getting all the Star Trek books in is a huge task by itself but we've made quite a dent in the last few years.  We'll get all the books in some day!

10000_Sesterces
Posted 2016-04-29 4:15 PM (#13408 - in reply to #13400)
Subject: Re: Missing Science Fiction Books

New User

Thanks for the greetings Admin! I appreciate the explanation, and I went ahead and made a post in the uber users threads like you suggested.

Sesterces
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)