open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence." - J.R.R. Tolkien
- (Added by: Administrator)

A Classic inspired Space Opera for Today (for Free!)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> WWEnd Member ProjectsMessage format

CLitka
Posted 2016-10-15 11:22 AM (#14429)
Subject: A Classic inspired Space Opera for Today (for Free!)

New User

I spent my teen years reading a lot of science fiction which I still remember fondly, though half a century has passed. I have found, however, that most, though not all, of those stories no longer hold my interest with cardboard characters & thin plots, so I decided to finally follow my dream, of being a science fiction writer, and write my own story. "The Bright Black Sea," and its sequel, "Castaways of the Lost Star," are the result of five plus years of fun doing just that. What I wanted to do was to take the old themes, space ships, space pirates, robots, and worlds of wonder, and write it to appeal to my tastes today. I wanted a story that had not only danger and mystery, but rich, likable characters and humor. And a long story to live in for a while. "The Black Bright Sea" has been out for more than a year now and I'm happy to say, to good ratings and reviews.

Rather than put all that effort into a book and sell a dozen copies on Amazon, for $4 in royalties, I released it, and all my books for free on Smashwords, iBooks, Kobo and Amazon, in the US. (Amazon requires a $.99 price or more, and matches (or not) the free price at competitors, so free might not always be available on Amazon -- but Smashwords offers a Kindle compatible version.

In addition to my space opera I have also written a sort of steam punk mystery/adventure called "A Summer in Amber" set in Scotland after a series of very strong solar storms play havoc with the modern electronic world. And a rather odd little novel, a mix of science fiction and romance called "Some Day Days" set in England a decade or two in the future. Both are also free wherever fine ebooks are sold. Just search for "C. Litka".

Always glad to hear from you!

Chuck

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)