open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Each of us holds within us the power to destroy something important. - Project Itoh (Harmony)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Raymond F. Jones
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

Blackhawk
Posted 2016-12-03 1:31 PM (#14652)
Subject: Raymond F. Jones

The books listed for Raymond F. Jones are incomplete and even some of those listed are not up-to-date, including his best known work "This Island Earth." All of his novels have been reprinted by Thunderchild Publishing and collections of his short stories have been published by his son, Richard K. Jones.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
valashain
Posted 2016-12-04 6:39 AM (#14656 - in reply to #14652)
Subject: Re: Raymond F. Jones

Uber User

The WWEnd database is very much a work in progress. We are constantly adding books but you'll find that many authors are still incomplete. Given the enormous quantity of speculative fiction out there, it is not likely that we'll get there any time soon.

It is not our goal to specify every edition of a book. Some have dozens of publications. Adding them would do nothing but clutter up the pages. Other sites are much better equipped to handle that kind of information. What you currently see listed under this author are the books we needed for various projects. So far, there has been no call for more.

Is there anything in particular by Jones you would want to see added? You can put in requests for additional works to be added in this thread .

Edited by valashain 2016-12-04 6:40 AM
Blackhawk
Posted 2016-12-04 12:28 PM (#14660 - in reply to #14656)

Okay. It appears that I did not understand the purpose of the site. I still think it would be useful to have the edition that is currently available listed instead of or along with earlier, out-of-print editions, but it's your site so you can do as you think best.
Administrator
Posted 2016-12-04 1:12 PM (#14662 - in reply to #14660)

Admin

Blackhawk - 2016-12-04 12:28 PM Okay. It appears that I did not understand the purpose of the site. I still think it would be useful to have the edition that is currently available listed instead of or along with earlier, out-of-print editions, but it's your site so you can do as you think best.

The point is that we have limited time and resources so we have to prioritize what goes in. If you put your book requests into the request thread we will get to them eventually. Additional pub info is great if you want to provide a spreadsheet that we can work from. Same as with the Winston books thread. We just don't have time to do the research ourselves with so many other priorities. You can email me directly at Dave @ worlds without end .com if you want to discuss further.

Blackhawk
Posted 2016-12-04 9:40 PM (#14664 - in reply to #14652)

Sorry if I sounded like I was put out. I certainly understand about limited time. I have the same problem so it will take me a while to assemble a spreadsheet with the information you need, but I will get it done. I would be glad to enter the information directly into your system but understand also why that could be difficult to manage.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)