open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I can bear anything as long as there are books. - Jo Walton (Among Others)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

American Gods
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

Deven Science
Posted 2008-02-29 3:17 PM (#1328)
Subject: American Gods

Uber User

With Harper Collins offering an on-line copy of American Gods for one month, I'm excited, as the book is on my "Reading" list. The problem is, I won't have time to read it in that time. I'm just not on-line with enough free time.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd bring it up here, and let any members know that haven't come across the info on where to find it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2008-02-29 9:40 PM (#1329 - in reply to #1328)
Subject: Re: American Gods

Admin

thanks for the heads up! that's an interesting proposition by harper collins. i appreciate the free book but it's quite lengthy and the time limit seems a bit stingy especially if you don't grok to it right away. of course, it's a great way to get you hooked then you have to buy the thing to finish which i suppose is the reason they're doing it.

i've read American gods and it's well worth the effort especially for free so brush up on you Evelyn Wood and go for it. if you don't make it to the end i'll send you my copy so you can finish up. AG was my first foray into fantasy in a few years and its quite strange but i enjoyed.

there seems to be a movement afoot to put out free books. Tor has a nice deal going right now. it's a free signup and they send you pdf version of some of their books. i think it's supposed to be 1 a month. i've got Mistborn so far. read a few pages and it looks promising. i posted a thread about Tor's largess earlier if you're interested.

not sure how much i like reading an entire book on my computer tho. i can manage short stories just fine but the longer works are a bit much for me. if i had an e-reader of some kind i could at least get comfortable to read instead of sitting up at my desk. Rico swears by his Sony. i might have to take the plunge some day. maybe when prices come down some more or when necessity dictates that i have a portable device with a library of books in it. for now i'm content with paper.

- dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)