open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "At the present rate of progress, it is almost impossible to imagine any technical feat that cannot be achieved - if it can be achieved at all - within the next few hundred years." - Arthur C. Clarke
- (Added by: Administrator)

Award winning novellas
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

thejessleigh
Posted 2018-08-24 1:55 PM (#17236)
Subject: Award winning novellas

I've been loving this site so far and it's great to have a central place where I can track my list and award progress. However, I've been reading a lot more novellas recently and was wondering if there are any plans to add novella winner lists to some of the big awards like the Hugo and Nebula. Is there any way that technically inclined site users could help? For instance, creating a csv of relevant data for different award years?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
valashain
Posted 2018-08-24 2:35 PM (#17237 - in reply to #17236)
Subject: Re: Award winning novellas

Uber User

There are plans to do short fiction awards. In fact, all Hugo, Nebula, Sturgeon and WFA nominated and winning short stories, novelettes and novellas have already been entered. There are no pages to track them yet but those are in the works. Mind you, Dave has an awful long to do list so it might be a while.
Administrator
Posted 2018-08-24 7:03 PM (#17245 - in reply to #17237)

Admin

I was just mentioning this in another thread in regards to short story requests.  Like Val says we have a ton of data already in for all these short fiction awards so that when we launch the new 3.0 site we'll be able to roll them out with relative ease.  This has been Val's pet project and he's been working like a Trojan getting the data together.

Novellas have seen a bit of a renaissance in recent years so I'm not surprised at your interest and I promise we all share it.  I wish I could say that it's right around the corner for WWEnd 3.0 but various real life issues (like whargoul and I getting laid off our jobs) keep getting in the way and blowing our timelines out of the water.  The reason it's part of 3.0 is that we have revamped the way we display short fiction that will facilitate those new short awards pages.  I promise it will be worth the wait even though it is frustrating.

thejessleigh
Posted 2018-08-28 1:32 PM (#17269 - in reply to #17236)

I'm so glad to hear that it's on your roadmap! Thank you all for the quick updates
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)