open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Literacy is so you can read the operating instructions. -- Ursula Le Guin's assessment of the value of literacy in America. (The Wave in the Mind)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Prime Directive: Earth
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> WWEnd Member ProjectsMessage format

AuthorJohnSelby
Posted 2019-05-16 5:26 PM (#20824)
Subject: Prime Directive: Earth

New User

Two years ago, I had a battle with terminal Stage IV cancer. I won. But it caused me to reevaluate my priorities. One of those was to follow my dream of becoming an author.

Prime Directive: Earth is my first sci-fi book and the first of a series. I have posted it on Wattpad, a free site where readers can vote and leave comments for the author. I would greatly appreciate your opinions on my book, and whether or not I should pursue publishing. The link is https://www.wattpad.com/story/184646784-prime-directive-earth

What its about:
What if Star Trek's famous Prime Directive is reversed, where Earth is in danger and an alien race is being forbidden to help?

The Zanchee, who have been studying Earth, learn a terrorist is going to set off a nuclear bomb near LA, with catastrophic results. Yet their laws prohibit intervening. Axel, the teenage son of the Zanchee leader, is unwilling to accept the inevitability of this disaster. With his mentiot companion, Chermal, Axel hatches a plan to skirt Zanchee law and save humanity. He just needs to mimic his future self, steal the fleet's time-warp ship, recruit a human teenager with psychic potential, and stop a terrorist plot without knowing who is involved, or exactly where it will happen, and do it all in three days without being caught by human authorities or Zanchee.

Agent Doug Stanton of the FBI is pursuing known terrorist Abdul Raheem when he discovers Raheem is meeting with a leading member of a Mexican drug cartel and a top Russian mobster. The one thing all three have in common is a deep hatred for the United States. Further, the Russian is tied to a group that may have recently stolen a nuclear weapon.

Jeff Miller is an American teen caught in a confrontation with a drug dealer when he finds himself being recruited by an alien teenager to do nothing less than save the world. In the process, he discovers psychic abilities he never knew he had. Together they must win a race against time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)