open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "In the end, the only safe place to put a Trojan horse is outside your walls." Robert Harris
- (Added by: Acknud)

Question About "Award Worthy" Books Feature
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Books, Awards & ListsMessage format

thejessleigh
Posted 2019-08-26 10:58 AM (#21257)
Subject: Question About "Award Worthy" Books Feature

Hi, I just had a quick question about how eligibility is determined for the Award Worthy Books feature in the book tracker.

I just looked at my 2019 award worthy books, but my current list is a mix of books that were published in 2018 and 2019, and not necessarily eligible for the same awards cycle. When does the calendar "flip over" to the next cycle of eligible books?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2019-08-26 7:13 PM (#21258 - in reply to #21257)
Subject: RE: Question About "Award Worthy" Books Feature

Admin

thejessleigh - 2019-08-26 10:58 AM Hi, I just had a quick question about how eligibility is determined for the Award Worthy Books feature in the book tracker. I just looked at my 2019 award worthy books, but my current list is a mix of books that were published in 2018 and 2019, and not necessarily eligible for the same awards cycle. When does the calendar "flip over" to the next cycle of eligible books?

I understand your confusion. The page is broken! It's combining years when they should all be in separate sections for each year. Chris is working late tonight but we'll try and get it fixed in the next few days.

Basically, any novel -- first published in the year in question -- is eligible to be tagged as award worthy from 2015 - 2019.

I'll post more details here as they come. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for pointing it out to us.

thejessleigh
Posted 2019-08-26 8:43 PM (#21259 - in reply to #21257)
Subject: Re: Question About "Award Worthy" Books Feature

Oh, no problem! Definitely not an immediate issue, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something
Administrator
Posted 2019-09-07 8:18 PM (#21306 - in reply to #21259)

Admin

The Award Worthy Novels feature is fixed! I say "novels" because I updated it to say Novels since we're only doing it for novels. I wanted to simplify the description so folks would not be confused about anthologies or collections etc. You can now see all your votes for each year from 2015 to 2019. If you did not tag a novel as award worthy for a given year that year won't show in the list to save a bit of space.

Chris is going to do one last update to hide any blank genres in your list. So if you have a bunch of novels tagged for 2017 but none of them are Horror novels you just won't see the horror row at all. That will shrink up the display and you won't have to scroll past so many blank rows when you review somebody's list.

Check it out and let us know what you think!

thejessleigh
Posted 2019-09-09 12:04 PM (#21312 - in reply to #21306)

It looks great. Thanks so much for looking into this!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)