open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I used to get high on life, but I developed a tolerance. Now I need something stronger." - unknown
- (Added by: whargoul)

General Question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Reply New post    General Discussion -> Roll-Your-Own Reading ChallengeMessage format

finminer
Posted 2020-01-01 9:56 AM (#21615)
Subject: General Question
Quote Reply

Regular

There are several challenges I'd like to renew for 2020, but only one of them I created. Most of them are repeat annual challenges. Do I need to recreate those for 2020, then have you add the icons, or are those challenges standard ones that get renewed more or less automatically? I realize it's the new year and you are busy, so maybe not everything is up yet?

12 Awards, 12 Months
2020 Women in Genre Fiction
2020 Second Best
Collections 2020
The Weirdness
Apocalypse 2020 (my creation)

Thank you and Happy New Year!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
justifiedsinner
Posted 2020-01-01 10:59 AM (#21621 - in reply to #21615)
Subject: Re: General Question
Quote Reply

Uber User

I'm trying to renew the 12 in 12 and Second best challenges but keep getting 500 db errors. Hopefully this will be resolved sometime.
daxxh
Posted 2020-01-01 11:21 AM (#21623 - in reply to #21615)
Subject: Re: General Question
Quote Reply

Extreme Veteran

I am getting that same error for the Killer Bs II Challenge. I was changing the number of books in the levels and it gave me the error. It did this before with a different challenge. I hope the problem gets resolved soon, too as I can't list my challenges or access the Killer Bs challenge because of it.
Administrator
Posted 2020-01-01 1:57 PM (#21625 - in reply to #21615)
Subject: RE: General Question
Quote Reply

Admin

finminer - 2020-01-01 9:56 AM There are several challenges I'd like to renew for 2020, but only one of them I created. Most of them are repeat annual challenges. Do I need to recreate those for 2020, then have you add the icons, or are those challenges standard ones that get renewed more or less automatically? I realize it's the new year and you are busy, so maybe not everything is up yet? 12 Awards, 12 Months 2020 Women in Genre Fiction 2020 Second Best Collections 2020 The Weirdness Apocalypse 2020 (my creation) Thank you and Happy New Year!

Every challenge has a host who created it. If it's one of your challenges you can re-create it for the new year. If it was somebody else's challenge you should give them a few days to make it for the new year. If it does not come back after a week or so we can contact that person and see if they're going to renew it. If they are not then anyone else that wants to can renew it.

No hard rules or anything, but we should give everyone a chance to continue their challenges. It usually take a few weeks for things to settle out. I do the WoGF every year but have not gotten around to it yet cause I have lots of things going on just after the first.

As for the 500 error, I don't know what is going on there and unfortunately I don't have any help at the moment to research/fix it. I'm left hoping it will just go away and that everyone will be patient until then. Nobody is as frustrated as I am, I can assure you all.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)