open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "By day the banished sun circles the earth like a grieving mother with a lamp." - Cormac McCarthy (The Road)
- (Added by: Emil)

The Last Dangerous Visions to be published 04-21
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

sdlotu
Posted 2020-11-14 12:02 AM (#22622)
Subject: The Last Dangerous Visions to be published 04-21

The executor of the Harlan Ellison estate has announced the upcoming publication of the third and final volume of the Dangerous Visions trilogy, The Last Dangerous Visions, which was slated for release in 1974, and now, 46 years later, is already in advanced preparation and proceeding with considerable publisher interest.

More information is available here:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/43848905
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2020-11-14 11:55 AM (#22624 - in reply to #22622)
Subject: RE: The Last Dangerous Visions to be published 04-21

Admin

sdlotu - 2020-11-14 12:02 AM The executor of the Harlan Ellison estate has announced the upcoming publication of the third and final volume of the Dangerous Visions trilogy, The Last Dangerous Visions, which was slated for release in 1974, and now, 46 years later, is already in advanced preparation and proceeding with considerable publisher interest. More information is available here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/43848905

What a long strange trip it's been for that book. I've got the first two so I'll get volume 3 for sure. I wonder if this book can ever live up to the expectations of 46 years?

sdlotu
Posted 2020-11-14 7:05 PM (#22625 - in reply to #22624)
Subject: RE: The Last Dangerous Visions to be published 04-21

What a long strange trip it's been for that book. I've got the first two so I'll get volume 3 for sure. I wonder if this book can ever live up to the expectations of 46 years?

I'm going in with the expectation that there will be some great stories from a time I still enjoy going back to read even now. This, combined with the new authors who have agreed to contribute, will provide me with all the challenging entertainment I want for my money.

Sure, some stories may feel dated and perhaps quaint, but I'm appreciating all kinds of writing from so many different eras that such considerations don't inhibit my desire or my resulting enjoyment. A good read from 75 years ago, or 45 years ago, or last year, is still a good read.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)