open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Swords, Lances, arrows, machine guns, and even high explosives have had far less power over the fates of nations than the typhus louse, the plague flea, and the yellow-fever mosquito. Civilizations have retreated from the plasmodium of malaria, and armies have crumbled into rabbles under the onslaught of cholera spirilla, or of dysentery and typhoid bacilli. Huge areas have been devastated by the trypanosome that travels on the wings of the tsetse fly, and generations have been harassed by the syphilis of a courtier. War and conquest and that herd existence which is an accompaniment of what we call civilization have merely set the stage for these more powerful agents of human tragedy." ― Hans Zinsser, Rats, Lice and History
- (Added by: Acknud)

2014 Young Adult Reading Challenge
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Reply New post    General Discussion -> Roll-Your-Own Reading ChallengeMessage format

francesashton
Posted 2014-08-16 3:19 PM (#8324 - in reply to #5944)
Subject: Re: 2014 Young Adult Reading Challenge
Quote Reply

Regular

I just picked up the first Percy Jackson book: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. That's a nice little read. You can see the plot coming a bit, but then you can in some YA (I have to remind myself that I'm quite a bit older than the intended audience sometimes). Might romp through the rest if I find them. Got to love a book that takes a day to read :-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Thomcat
Posted 2014-12-31 5:39 PM (#9075 - in reply to #5944)
Subject: RE: 2014 Young Adult Reading Challenge
Quote Reply

Thanks all for a great 2014!

Four participants finished the full challenge (Five if francesashton finishes Noughts & Crosses); 121 books read and 64 reviews written. I agree with posters on this list; Young Adult fiction is a bit of fun and it's always nice to finish a challenge book in a few short days.

Looking forward to finding out what the site has to offer in 2015, and also to reading more of your great reviews!

--Thomcat
francesashton
Posted 2015-01-01 1:13 PM (#9087 - in reply to #5944)
Quote Reply

Regular

Oops - I HAVE finished Noughts and Crosses, but not been on to update the challenge and now it's disappeared. Must do better on my other challenges, but I keep getting distracted by those pesky authors bringing out new books!

dustydigger
Posted 2015-01-01 2:03 PM (#9088 - in reply to #5944)
Quote Reply

Elite Veteran

Thomca,tI really enjoyed the YA challenge in 2014,locating 12 new authors was good funkept my reading fresh. Are we going to do it again? I see a large number of YA/junior authors have been added recently,and I will enjoy finding out new authors. Now where on earth are those admin hiding.?Dave,we need you to set up our avis for the new challenges. Come out, come out wherever you are!. We are all panting at the off,ready to go so please put us out of our misery!

Edited by dustydigger 2015-01-01 2:04 PM
Administrator
Posted 2015-01-02 4:39 PM (#9100 - in reply to #9088)
Quote Reply

Admin

Frances, here's the link to the 2014 YA Challenge.  We're gong to put the links up for the past challenges soon.

Dusty, you can certainly do the YA challenge again.  I was waiting to see if Thomcat, the organizer for the 2014 challenge, was going to start up the one for 2015.  If he does not in the next couple days then I'll duplicate last year's challenge.  I don't want to steal his thunder.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)