open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - JRR Tolkien
- (Added by: Administrator)


Our reads in September 2026
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format
 
dustydigger
Posted 2026-08-31 11:36 AM (#35426)
Subject: Our reads in September 2026



Elite Veteran

Posts: 1123
1000
Location: UK
Another month,another pile of books. Share your reading plans for September with us
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dustydigger
Posted 2026-08-31 11:38 AM (#35427 - in reply to #35426)
Subject: Re: Our reads in September 2026



Elite Veteran

Posts: 1123
1000
Location: UK
Dusty's TBR for September

Daniel O'Malley - Blitz
Ben Aaronovitch - Moon over Soho
Isaac Asimov - The Naked Sun
Robert Heinlein - Starship Troopers
.........
Top of the page Bottom of the page
daxxh
Posted 2026-09-01 11:36 AM (#35430 - in reply to #35427)
Subject: Re: Our reads in September 2026



Elite Veteran

Posts: 627
500
Location: Great Lakes, USA
September 2026 Books

Green City Wars - Adrian Tchaikovsky
To Sleep in a Sea of Stars - Christopher Paolini
The Faith of Beasts - James SA Corey
Dandelion Wine - Ray Bradbury
The Odyssey - Homer, Translated by Emily Wilson

Edited by daxxh 2026-09-01 11:40 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
daxxh
Posted 2026-09-27 8:13 AM (#35471 - in reply to #35430)
Subject: Re: Our reads in September 2026



Elite Veteran

Posts: 627
500
Location: Great Lakes, USA
I have read or started all the books on my TBR list this month. Very unusual for me.

Green City Wars - Adrian Tchaikovsky. Ok. I had a hard time getting into this one. But, it I did like it.

The Faith of Beasts - James SA Corey. Excellent second book. Very much looking forward to the third.

The Odyssey - Homer. Translated by Emily Wilson. I think this is an easier read than the version I first read. It is written in current day American English. The version I read before was written in old formal British English.

I am reading Dandelion Wine for a Halloween Group Read, and won't finish it until next month. This is a reread for me. I am always reminded when I reread Bradbury of how much I like his writing.

Also read Genesis - Poul Anderson. Good.
Reread Excession - Iain M. Banks. Excellent.
I have started To Sleep in a Sea of Stars and had to wait to get it back from the library. I should finish it next month.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
dustydigger
Posted 2026-10-01 2:41 AM (#35481 - in reply to #35471)
Subject: Re: Our reads in September 2026



Elite Veteran

Posts: 1123
1000
Location: UK
Oh dear,barely read a thing in September. I had a pernicious anaemia flare up during the heat wave when I had to visit my husband in hospital at 100 degrees temperature when my red cells were pretty much empty,so I stressed my muscle cells so badly that I am in pain six weeks later. Also had serious blurred vision,another delightful symptom of PA,so very little reading.All I managed to read was Starship Troopers,Isaac Asimov's The Naked Sun,and terrified myself with a reread ofthe ultimate warning against dangerous AI with Harlan Ellison's devastating and bleak. I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.
The ultimate in depressing reads.All those Tech Bros should be tied down and made to read this cautionary tle
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)