open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane. -- Kilgore Trout -- Kurt Vonnegut -- (Breakfast of Champions)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

A couple of suggestions
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

PopeStig
Posted 2016-02-17 2:29 PM (#12713)
Subject: A couple of suggestions

Hiya

First of all: Love the site. It has had a great impact on which books I have read the last couple of years. It has helped me change my unconscious bias and I now read more books by women in SFF. You're doing a great job.

I have a couple of suggestions for the site. Most of these are "neat to have" and not indicative of any flaws with your site. I will still love you if these are binned

1) I'd dearly love to be able to see at a glace what percentage of my books are by women in SFF. I want it to even out at 50% and stay there. I want to keep that unconcious bias in check.
2) I'd love to be able to tick which lists or awards to include when I check out "my award stats", "my list stats" and awards 2015/2016 etc I don't read much horror (too scary) and some of the lists and awards are not relevant for me.

//Stig
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2016-02-18 4:39 PM (#12747 - in reply to #12713)
Subject: RE: A couple of suggestions

Admin

PopeStig - 2016-02-17 2:29 PM Hiya First of all: Love the site. It has had a great impact on which books I have read the last couple of years. It has helped me change my unconscious bias and I now read more books by women in SFF. You're doing a great job. I have a couple of suggestions for the site. Most of these are "neat to have" and not indicative of any flaws with your site. I will still love you if these are binned 1) I'd dearly love to be able to see at a glace what percentage of my books are by women in SFF. I want it to even out at 50% and stay there. I want to keep that unconcious bias in check. 2) I'd love to be able to tick which lists or awards to include when I check out "my award stats", "my list stats" and awards 2015/2016 etc I don't read much horror (too scary) and some of the lists and awards are not relevant for me. //Stig

Hey Stig, thanks for the kind words about WWEnd.  I'm glad to hear you're finding books through our tools - especially if it's got you reading more women authors.

Showing member stats like the % male v female authors is an interesting idea.  I'll talk to whargoul about that one.  If it's not too onerous to code I'll see what we can do.

The ability to show and hide awards and lists is something that we've got on our list though if I remember correctly we were thinking more along the lines of allowing members to drag and drop them into the order they prefer so you can move your favorite up top.  It really is a "neat to have" feature though so it's pretty far down the list.  It IS on the list at least

Thanks for the ideas and keep 'em coming!

PopeStig
Posted 2016-02-20 2:47 AM (#12765 - in reply to #12747)
Subject: Re: A couple of suggestions

Thank you
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)