open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Swords, Lances, arrows, machine guns, and even high explosives have had far less power over the fates of nations than the typhus louse, the plague flea, and the yellow-fever mosquito. Civilizations have retreated from the plasmodium of malaria, and armies have crumbled into rabbles under the onslaught of cholera spirilla, or of dysentery and typhoid bacilli. Huge areas have been devastated by the trypanosome that travels on the wings of the tsetse fly, and generations have been harassed by the syphilis of a courtier. War and conquest and that herd existence which is an accompaniment of what we call civilization have merely set the stage for these more powerful agents of human tragedy." ― Hans Zinsser, Rats, Lice and History
- (Added by: Acknud)


Ultimate Challenge 2017 Discussion
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Reply New post    General Discussion -> Roll-Your-Own Reading ChallengeMessage format
 
DrNefario
Posted 2017-01-12 8:02 AM (#15051)
Subject: Ultimate Challenge 2017 Discussion
Quote Reply



Uber User

Posts: 526
500
Location: UK
This is the discussion thread for the Ultimate Challenge 2017:

https://www.worldswithoutend.com/rollyourown.asp?ryo_id=206

The challenge is to complete series, lists, other challenges, awards, etc. The last book is the one that counts for this challenge.


"Ultimate" as in "Last", see.

Maybe I should have called it something else.

Edited by DrNefario 2017-01-12 8:04 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
justifiedsinner
Posted 2017-01-12 9:13 AM (#15052 - in reply to #15051)
Subject: Re: Ultimate Challenge 2017 Discussion
Quote Reply



Uber User

Posts: 796
500
I rather consider myself lucky if I complete 1 of these milestones a year let alone 4 - 10 but there again I am a slow reader compared to some.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DrNefario
Posted 2017-01-12 9:26 AM (#15053 - in reply to #15051)
Subject: Re: Ultimate Challenge 2017 Discussion
Quote Reply



Uber User

Posts: 526
500
Location: UK
It's not that I read through that many complete series, but rather that I have a lot of dangling unfinished series waiting to be completed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DrNefario
Posted 2017-01-12 9:34 AM (#15055 - in reply to #15051)
Subject: Re: Ultimate Challenge 2017 Discussion
Quote Reply



Uber User

Posts: 526
500
Location: UK
OK, I've decided to rename the challenge to Unfinished Business 2017. I think it's probably better to have a vaguely descriptive name.

Since I can't rename this thread, I've created another one and changed the link in the challenge.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)