open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "War is a way of shattering to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking in the depths of the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent." - George Orwell
- (Added by: Administrator)

2016 I Just Have To Read More Of That Author Challenge
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Reply New post    General Discussion -> Roll-Your-Own Reading ChallengeMessage format

spoltz
Posted 2016-01-02 7:40 AM (#12241)
Subject: 2016 I Just Have To Read More Of That Author Challenge
Quote Reply

Uber User

Welcome to the forum page for the 2016 I Just Have To Read More of That Author Challenge. Post here at least to say hi when you join the challenge and feel free to comment on the authors you want to read more of and what you actually get read. I have two Theodore Sturgeon short story collections, some Roger Zelazny, and want to read some Discworld. I'll probably read a few more of Tolkien's History of Middle Earth Series as well and the last Andre Norton's Witch World book I have.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy delving deeper into your favorite authors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pauljames
Posted 2016-01-02 7:53 AM (#12245 - in reply to #12241)
Subject: Re: 2016 I Just Have To Read More Of That Author Challenge
Quote Reply

Veteran

Really looking forward to this challenge. A new year and new opportunities.

I have a group of favourite authors which I am trying to read as much as I can by Dean Koontz, Peter Straub, China Mieville, James Herbert, Clive Barker and Stephen King, I am at various stage with each author but love each book I pick up.

Newer authors I want to read more of are Brandon Sanderson, Steven Erikson, Robin Hobb and Tad Williams.
I will try to read as many of these great authors as I can this year.
spoltz
Posted 2016-01-02 8:34 AM (#12246 - in reply to #12241)
Quote Reply

Uber User

Glad to see you again Paul!
spoltz
Posted 2016-04-30 9:40 AM (#13417 - in reply to #12241)
Quote Reply

Uber User

Hi everyone! We're about a third of the way through the year and we have 32 participants. A few folks have finished the challenge, a few are close, and few have just joined. I'm about halfway through. As is typical, I haven't read that much from my TBR pile yet, but still hope to include some golden age SF authors I love in this challenge, like Theodore Sturgeon and Roger Zelazny. I'm actually listenening to Zelazny's This Immortal on CD. I read it a few years ago, so won't include it in the challenge, but my mother in law got it on CD so I'm listening to it in the car on trips to visit her on the coast, and I'll include it in the books read in 2016 challenge.

If you get a chance, come say hi on the forum, let us know how you're doing, and if you found a particular book you've loved.
jontlaw
Posted 2016-05-11 4:14 PM (#13545 - in reply to #12241)
Quote Reply

Veteran

Started my last book today.

Having previously read the Icewind Dale Trilogy, I read all of the Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore
Having previously read all 6 Clockwork Century books, I read the Eden Moore trilogy by Cherie Priest
Having already read the first 3, I read the last three books in the Burton & Swinburne series by Mark Hodder
Having already read the first 2, I read the third Gideon Smith book by David Barnett
Having already read the first 2, I read the third Bannon & Clare book by Lilith Saintcrow
Having already read Something Wicked This Way Comes and the Illustrated Man, I am now a third of the way through Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
pauljames
Posted 2016-05-25 1:10 PM (#13628 - in reply to #12241)
Quote Reply

Veteran

Started my second Steven Erikson novel, Deadhouse Gates. This is such a complex and big series, I feel like I will be reading this for a while as I try to absorb it all.
spoltz
Posted 2016-12-29 4:19 PM (#14821 - in reply to #12241)
Quote Reply

Uber User

Well it looks like we finished the year with 40 participants. It looks like 30 finished their challenges plus a few more are one book away. And there are still two days left in the year!

Thanks for participating everyone! I'll be hosting this again for 2017, so come back and read more books by your favorite authors. Happy New Year!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)