open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: But since you have put a question to me, I can ask one in return. Are you sure - really sure - you know who told you this story? - Peter Straub (Mr X)
- (Added by: pauljames)

Halloween Mini Challenge 2020
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Reply New post    General Discussion -> Roll-Your-Own Reading ChallengeMessage format

daxxh
Posted 2020-10-01 1:01 AM (#22487)
Subject: Halloween Mini Challenge 2020
Quote Reply

Extreme Veteran

Here's the thread for this year's Halloween Mini Challenge.

What horror or Halloween books are you reading this month?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dustydigger
Posted 2020-10-29 7:37 AM (#22559 - in reply to #22487)
Subject: Re: Halloween Mini Challenge 2020
Quote Reply

Elite Veteran

Hi daxxh! Of course I chose A Night in the Lonesome October as my main choic,but I have also been enjoying reading some urban fantasy,full of creepy vamps,weres ghouls,zombies,etc etc,M R James ghost stories,and some Arthur Machen short stories.Rest of the month will be Lovecraft,of course!

Oh-oh!!
Keep an eye out for Jack and Snuff and all the gang from A Night in the Lonesome October this Saturday night Its full moon on Halloween this year,when the Elder Gods battle to come through the door and take over the Earth.and its also a Blue Moon,happens only every 76 years,so double trouble maybe?
On the other hand,the Elders might take a look at the state the world is in,and decide not to bother,its so daunting lol.Fingers crossed At least there wont be many ''civilians'' around poking their noses in at the ceremony at the Gate this time .They are all under curfew or escaping monstrous wildfires or wading through floods,avoiding knife wielding killers,or a thousand other problems besetting poor old mankind right now.
Good luck Gate Closers.Could be a tough time this Halloween Blue Moon........
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)