open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: No Single Thing Abides; But All Things Flow. -- Heraclitus
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Make marking books as "read" easier!
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

jazzbone85
Posted 2011-10-11 3:08 PM (#2705)
Subject: Make marking books as "read" easier!

New User

Right now the process involves searching for the book, clicking the picture, and marking as read, tagging, and rating. This has to be done with each book, over and over again ad nauseum.

I'd love to have a feature where a "Mark as Read" option was available next to the cover art of a title, which can be updated all at once with one button press. Thanks for the great site!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2011-10-11 3:13 PM (#2706 - in reply to #2705)
Subject: RE: Make marking books as "read" easier!

Admin

jazzbone85 - 2011-10-11 3:08 PM Right now the process involves searching for the book, clicking the picture, and marking as read, tagging, and rating. This has to be done with each book, over and over again ad nauseum. I'd love to have a feature where a "Mark as Read" option was available next to the cover art of a title, which can be updated all at once with one button press. Thanks for the great site!

Yeah, that's one of our top requests and very high on our list.  We've got some other dominos that have to fall into place first so hang in there with us, it's coming.

Glad to hear you like the site and welcome aboard!

jazzbone85
Posted 2011-10-11 3:18 PM (#2707 - in reply to #2706)
Subject: RE: Make marking books as "read" easier!

New User

No problem - I understand how these things progress. I really enjoy the layout, and thanks for the rapid response. Much appreciated!
Fried Egg
Posted 2013-01-15 10:01 AM (#4579 - in reply to #2705)
Subject: Re: Make marking books as "read" easier!

An 'import' function from other reading sites (such as GoodReads) would be very useful in this regard. I've spent a lot of time getting as many books from my reading history set up on there, I don't want to go through it again on another site.

I realise that's not as easy as it sounds though!
francesashton
Posted 2013-04-27 1:54 PM (#4994 - in reply to #2705)

Regular

Wondering how far you've got with this little project, seeing as the question was asked a good 18 months ago?
Administrator
Posted 2013-04-27 8:40 PM (#4995 - in reply to #4994)

Admin

francesashton - 2013-04-27 1:54 PM Wondering how far you've got with this little project, seeing as the question was asked a good 18 months ago?

I hate to say this but there has been no movement on this project.  The free time to get this done is just nowhere to be found unfortunately.   We haven't given up, it's still on the list at any rate, but unless something changes with work and family obligations it doesn't look good right now. 

francesashton
Posted 2013-05-04 11:46 AM (#5015 - in reply to #2705)

Regular

Had a thought. You know when you've got the list for the WOGF authors and then click on the author and you get a list of all their books and you can just click read? Can't you do that for any author list? Or is that a major re-design?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)