open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Even a fool could see that one didn't need a war, nuclear or otherwise, to destroy oneself; the rising cost of weaponry could do that quite nicely. - Stanislaw Lem (Peace on Earth)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

Need Email Updating for Submissions Page
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

pixman
Posted 2023-11-30 11:16 AM (#28596)
Subject: Need Email Updating for Submissions Page

New User

Hi Admin,

Regarding Submissions on the following page: http://www.worldswithoutend.com/publisher.asp?ID=2

Is the Submission function posted on this page still active?

Submission Details

All work should be submitted by emailing a query letter with the first ten pages of your book pasted in the body of the email. Do not attach any documents. Text should be formatted in the industry standard of Times New Roman 12 point font. Email address is sff@us.penguingroup.com. Please note that we no longer accept paper submissions.

My comments - if so, the email address--sff@us.penguingroup.com--bounces back as a mailer failure.

The basic question is: does this Submission function still exist? What is the new email, if so?

Thank you,
pixman
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2023-12-01 6:03 PM (#28603 - in reply to #28596)
Subject: RE: Need Email Updating for Submissions Page

Admin

pixman - 2023-11-30 11:16 AM Hi Admin, Regarding Submissions on the following page: http://www.worldswithoutend.com/publisher.asp?ID=2 Is the Submission function posted on this page still active? Submission Details All work should be submitted by emailing a query letter with the first ten pages of your book pasted in the body of the email. Do not attach any documents. Text should be formatted in the industry standard of Times New Roman 12 point font. Email address is sff@us.penguingroup.com. Please note that we no longer accept paper submissions. *** My comments - if so, the email address--sff@us.penguingroup.com--bounces back as a mailer failure. The basic question is: does this Submission function still exist? What is the new email, if so? Thank you, pixman

One of the hardest things to keep up with on WWEnd is changing data. There's always new stuff going in and the old content doesn't always age well.

Most of the publisher history content is just fine years later but the submission details are subject to more frequent changes and get out of sync all the time. As that content is very thin overall and not very useful to the majority of site visitors we have taken it out. This is something that I have been wanting to clean up for some time but never got around to it. I've also taken out other unused features here and there that won't be missed in an effort to simplify the site and eliminate bad data.

pixman
Posted 2023-12-01 6:31 PM (#28604 - in reply to #28596)
Subject: Re: Need Email Updating for Submissions Page

New User

Thanks for comments, Admin, but the question still remains if I can submit to Ace Books via an email address. The current one listed on the site at http://www.worldswithoutend.com/publisher.asp?ID=2 bounces back as a mailer failure. It is sff@us.penguingroup.com. Is there an alternative? Or does one have to go through a literary agent to submit? If so, the page indicated for submission with a false email should be taken down. It is very misleading. Please advise further. PAF
Administrator
Posted 2023-12-01 8:05 PM (#28605 - in reply to #28604)
Subject: Re: Need Email Updating for Submissions Page

Admin

pixman - 2023-12-01 6:31 PM Thanks for comments, Admin, but the question still remains if I can submit to Ace Books via an email address. The current one listed on the site at http://www.worldswithoutend.com/publisher.asp?ID=2 bounces back as a mailer failure. It is sff@us.penguingroup.com. Is there an alternative? Or does one have to go through a literary agent to submit? If so, the page indicated for submission with a false email should be taken down. It is very misleading. Please advise further. PAF

There is no submission mechanism from WWEnd to any publisher. We are not a publisher. We are not affiliated with any publishers. We were passing along that information as part of the history found on the publisher's website. I have taken it down from WWEnd because of this confusion. Refresh the page and you'll see it's gone.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)