open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: My pass had disappeared. Not that I believed for a moment that this was an accident; in fact, I had suspected for some time now that the Cosmic Command, obviously no longer able to supervise every assignment on an individual basis when there were literally trillions of matters in its charge, had switched over to a random system. The assumption would be that every document, circulating endlessly from desk to desk, must eventually hit upon the right one. A time-consuming procedure, perhaps, but one that would never fail. The Universe itself operated on the same principle. And for an institution as everlasting as the Universe certainly our Building was such an institution the speed at which these meanderings and perturbations took place was of no consequence. - Stanislaw Lem (Memoirs Found in a Bathtub)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

Why aren't these books listed?
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

otteronarock
Posted 2011-10-27 12:34 AM (#2765)
Subject: Why aren't these books listed?

Hi WWE,

Just wondering why Ann Rice's Mayfair witch series isn't listed on her page for me to rate. Also wondering why The Mavin Manyshapes and True Game series isn't listed for Sherri Tepper. Do these not fall into Fantasy/Horror ?

Thanks for the fun site!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2011-10-27 1:12 AM (#2766 - in reply to #2765)
Subject: RE: Why aren't these books listed?

Admin

otteronarock - 2011-10-27 12:34 AM Hi WWE, Just wondering why Ann Rice's Mayfair witch series isn't listed on her page for me to rate. Also wondering why The Mavin Manyshapes and True Game series isn't listed for Sherri Tepper. Do these not fall into Fantasy/Horror ? Thanks for the fun site!

The short answer is that we just haven't gotten to them yet.

The longer answer is that those specific books are not nominess for any of the awards nor do they appear on any of the book lists we cover so they are lower on the priority list than those books that are.  Since both those authors are in our database already there is a good chance we'll add them eventually.

If you can't wait for eventually to arrive you can request we add them to the site by posting them in the Overlooked Books thread under Books & Awards.  I can't promise we'll get to them right away, or that we'll honor all requests, but I think we have a pretty good track record of listening to our members so far.  You guys have pointed out many glaring omissions that are now corrected.

In the larger scheme of things, this is a hobby for us and we have lots of real world obligations to attend too so time is limited to begin with.  When we do have time to work on the site we try to balance adding new books with adding new/improving existing member features.  Sometimes those are one in the same like when we add a new award or a new list.  Tons of books get added during that process.

Hope that answers your questions!

Dave

risbom
Posted 2012-06-27 2:08 AM (#3499 - in reply to #2765)
Subject: Re: Why aren't these books listed?

Regular

HI,
as always I am not sure if in right topic, but, I'm just finishing Robinson Mars trilogy, and it's most epic book I ever read. It's simply fantastic, variety of themes and disciplines, visualizations, politics and economy, characters, feeling that you are there, and so on and on. Now I want to read everything from Kim Stanley Robinson, and I think there are some books missing here: Icehenge, (his first or second published book) and Martians. Ok, I know, Martians is short story collections, but it's addition to Mars trilogy, so maybe you could considered adding it.

Btw, this site is becoming better and better.

Thanks.

Administrator
Posted 2012-07-07 2:08 PM (#3638 - in reply to #3499)

Admin

risbom - 2012-06-27 2:08 AM HI, as always I am not sure if in right topic, but, I'm just finishing Robinson Mars trilogy, and it's most epic book I ever read. It's simply fantastic, variety of themes and disciplines, visualizations, politics and economy, characters, feeling that you are there, and so on and on. Now I want to read everything from Kim Stanley Robinson, and I think there are some books missing here: Icehenge, (his first or second published book) and Martians. Ok, I know, Martians is short story collections, but it's addition to Mars trilogy, so maybe you could considered adding it. Btw, this site is becoming better and better. Thanks.

@risbon:  The Mars Trilogy is one of my all-time favorite SF series!  I've added Icehenge and The Martians to the list to add to the site.  There are actually several threads where people suggest books for the site.  It might be time to consolidate those threads so I don't miss any requests.

I agree that the site is getting better and better and I'm pleased you see it that way too.  Participation is very high right now and it's just a joy to tune in everyday and see all the great conversations going on.  Thanks to everyone for the wonderful support!

Greg
Posted 2012-09-11 6:04 PM (#4116 - in reply to #2765)

New User

Hey fellers, could you please add the following Grand Master titles: R is for Rocket (Bradbury) and Marooned on Mars (del Ray). Thanks!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)