open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Comedy is tragedy that happens to other people. - Angela Carter (Wise Children)
- (Added by: Engelbrecht)

Anyone else reading or read The Hunger Games?
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

jonathoncharlap
Posted 2011-12-07 4:31 PM (#2811)
Subject: Anyone else reading or read The Hunger Games?

New User

I just started the first book and I'm enjoying it so far. It reminds of the giver in a way, with all the different communities and their bazaar rules rituals.

I'm new here also. Looks like a good forum.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2011-12-08 9:04 PM (#2812 - in reply to #2811)
Subject: RE: Anyone else reading or read The Hunger Games?

Admin

jonathoncharlap - 2011-12-07 4:31 PM I just started the first book and I'm enjoying it so far. It reminds of the giver in a way, with all the different communities and their bazaar rules rituals. I'm new here also. Looks like a good forum.

Welcome to WWEnd jonathoncharlap!

Hunger Games is not really my cuppa but I know a ton of folks that love it.  I'll certainly give the movie a go if it gets decent reviews.

The forums run hot and cold for the most part.  We don't really have enough numbers to keep it hot all the time but it's still decent.  Glad to have you here.

Dave

Deven Science
Posted 2012-05-03 11:15 PM (#3204 - in reply to #2811)
Subject: Re: Anyone else reading or read The Hunger Games?

Uber User

I consumed them all by audiobook, and I really liked them. The second and third weren't as strong as the first, but the whole thing ended very strong, which helped.

The audiobooks are very good in quality, as a side note.
dustydigger
Posted 2012-05-29 10:37 AM (#3247 - in reply to #2811)
Subject: Re: Anyone else reading or read The Hunger Games?

Elite Veteran

In 2010,before the hype really took hold,I asked a friend how she liked it,and she replied thtat she liked it,but could barely read the end because her eyes were swollen with crying!Afraid that put me off,but my young granddaughter came in recently all enthusiastic about this ''wonderful book,''and I hadnt the heart to diagree,so I will be reading it in August...sigh.What is it about youth and dystopian books? The more depressing the book,the happier the reader.I shouldnt laugh,though,I was the same back in my youth,-1984,On the Beach,The Time Machine and plenty more.The YA market is particularly saturated with them today,its good to know the kids'morbid side is fully catered for!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)