open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: People who hate in concrete terms are dangerous. People who manage to hate only in abstracts are the ones worth having for your friends. John Brunner, Stand on Zanizbar
- (Added by: Rhondak101)

Scifi stories currently ranked 24 on Amazon. Help please!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> WWEnd Member ProjectsMessage format

jrward42
Posted 2011-12-20 7:28 PM (#2826)
Subject: Scifi stories currently ranked 24 on Amazon. Help please!

New User

Hello fellow WWE-ers. My eBook of three short stories, 'The Uneven Passage of Time' by Jason Ward is currently ranked 24th in the Science Fiction short stories category in the UK. It has only been on sale a few days but alarmingly I have yet to have a single US sale. Well, maybe it's not alarming, but it would be nice to sell a couple over there. It would also be great to get in the top 20 in the UK! If I meet you I promise I'll buy you a drink.

Thanks in advance!

Here's the blurb:

Time, famously, is relative. In this trio of short stories journalist and fiction writer Jason R. Ward looks at three individuals and their unorthodox journeys through time. These entertaining tales blend the themes of psychology and perception with classic science fiction.
Stephen Hawking once sent out dinner invitations to all future time travellers. No one turned up. But what if one had? In A Date to Remember a young physicist is convinced he has worked out the secret to building a time travel device. Lacking the resources to construct the machine he sets a time and date for a meeting with his future self.
It is a truism that people remember the big events in life and forget the repetitive. For most people, their year skips by unnoticed, punctuated by birthdays, world events, big personal milestones or traumatic events. As you age life seems to speed up and you find that the years seem to fly past. As Time Goes By is the story of Frank Gilbert who is experiencing this to the extreme. His time seems to be accelerating at an abnormal rate. Years of his repetitive life seem to go by in days. Can he break the cycle in time?
The final and longest short story is The Man Who Loved Statues. Captain Michael Pike is a man who has taken a bit of hammering in life. With nothing much to live for he volunteers for an experiment that is going to attempt to alter his passage through time and put him in stasis. Things dont go quite according to plan.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)