open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "As long as I'm dealing in honesty, I may as well admit that I have been more influenced (as a person) by my childhood readings of Tolkien and Lewis than I have been by any philosophers I read in college and grad school. The events and characters in Narnia and Middle Earth shaped my ideals, my dreams, my goals. Kant just annoyed me." - N.D. Wilson
- (Added by: Administrator)

"It doesn't look like this in outer space!"
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> WWEnd Member ProjectsMessage format

HoudiniNation
Posted 2012-01-13 4:40 PM (#2899)
Subject: "It doesn't look like this in outer space!"

New User

It's a project that very dear to my heart and it's related to Science Fiction. So even if it doesn't contain original work done by myself and even if it doesn't contain any writing, I'm still proud of the little bugger and thought you might enjoy having a look.

This tri-lingual collection catalog presents 162 science-fiction books of the series "Goldmanns Weltraum Taschenbcher" ('60ies & '70ies), with covers designed by German illustrator Eyke Volkmer. It documents a very unique period in German science-fiction illustration that was almost forgotten.

The 116 page book includes a long interview conducted with the illustrator in his former studio in Munich and comes with a full bibliography. All text is printed in English, German and Spanish.

All covers are presented through photos taken of the actual books with all their wear and tear to document my collection. The covers in this catalog are pictured in less than the original size.

Additional language files will be available for free.

The artwork is reproduced with kind permission by the artist.
This collection catalog is dedicated to Eyke Volkmer and Wilhelm Goldmann.

Have a look at the printed catalog here: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2852097
Or have a look at the whole collection for free here: http://www.weltraumtaschenbuch.de

If you have comments, I'd love to hear them.

Tommi

(01_WTB_cover_small.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 01_WTB_cover_small.jpg (94KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)