open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to beor to be indistinguishable fromself-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time." - Neal Stephenson (Cryptonomicon)
- (Added by: Emil)

Security certificate not trusted
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Report ErrorsMessage format

divinenanny
Posted 2012-02-28 12:56 AM (#3070)
Subject: Security certificate not trusted

When I log on to the site at work, using Win XP, Chrome (up to date) and the https link, I always get a warning that the security certificates are not trusted. I would post the error messages, but they are all in Dutch, without codes.
Might be worth looking into if others have this problem too.

On the other hand, it might just be that WWE is telling me to get back to work
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2012-02-28 6:09 PM (#3074 - in reply to #3070)
Subject: RE: Security certificate not trusted

Admin

divinenanny - 2012-02-28 12:56 AM When I log on to the site at work, using Win XP, Chrome (up to date) and the https link, I always get a warning that the security certificates are not trusted. I would post the error messages, but they are all in Dutch, without codes. Might be worth looking into if others have this problem too. On the other hand, it might just be that WWE is telling me to get back to work

Yeah, we've been trying to clean up those secure notices.  It just means that we have some non-secure content on a few pages still.  Mostly it was an issue with the ads but we've updated all those so they should be good.  The main problem now are the videos from YouTube.  They're not secure so you'll get that message when you hit a page wtih a video like in the blog or a book trailer on the novel pages.  We'll be getting off the secure server eventually and this problem will go away for everyone.

I promise you, WWEnd will NEVER tell you to get back to work.  Get back to reading, certainly!

divinenanny
Posted 2012-02-29 4:57 AM (#3075 - in reply to #3074)
Subject: Re: Security certificate not trusted

Good, good, more reading is what I need to do

I get the error when I hit the front page, so I am not sure if it is to do with the video's on some pages. However, it might also have something to do with me, as I am now also getting this error on twitter... strange...
divinenanny
Posted 2012-03-02 1:48 PM (#3078 - in reply to #3075)
Subject: Re: Security certificate not trusted

Forget about all this. There is/was some nasty malware on that pc, that probably replaced a security certificate... Nothing to do with WWEND, all to do with me...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)