open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco
- (Added by: Administrator)

The end in sight
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

DrNefario
Posted 2012-06-06 7:48 AM (#3333 - in reply to #3072)
Subject: Re: The end in sight

Uber User

I've been going a bit slower than anticipated, and still have 14 to read (counting Blackout/All Clear as 2), plus Second Foundation, which I need to read before Foundation's Edge. And right now I'm trying to get through this year's nominees, so at least the list shouldn't grow any longer this year. Although last year I managed to read all but the winner.

I'm trying to save the ones I'm most looking forward to, so I don't end up with a pile of books I don't really want to read. I'm also trying to avoid learning anything about the ones I don't know much about.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Emil
Posted 2012-06-07 6:33 AM (#3338 - in reply to #3333)

Uber User

I'm down to 8 Hugo winners, but left some monstrosities still to read, like Cyteen, Blackout/All Clear and Jonathan Strange. I've given up the ghost on trying to read all the nominees as well. I go less crazy and suicidal focusing only on winners of the various awards.
DrNefario
Posted 2012-06-07 7:43 AM (#3339 - in reply to #3072)

Uber User

I'm only reading this year's nominees because I'm voting. Just the winners will do for previous years.

I have 3.12 nominees to read. (Don't you love the precision of ereaders. ) I'd really like to finish them all this month, so I can do the shorter and related works in July. I'm not sure that's going to leave me time to fit in my GMRC books. I was trying to do roughly one a month for the GMRC. It doesn't leave me much time for other genres, either.
DrNefario
Posted 2012-06-07 10:09 AM (#3345 - in reply to #3072)

Uber User

I'm not wholly engaged by my work today (ahem), so I just worked out that I am more than half-way through this year's nominees by page count. The 1.88 books I've read are the two longest books, and it works out at about 54% of the total pages.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)