open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." - Douglas Adams
- (Added by: Administrator)

Battlestar Galactica marathon
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Film & TelevisionMessage format

Emil
Posted 2012-05-25 5:31 PM (#3230)
Subject: Battlestar Galactica marathon

Uber User

I never had the privilege to watch the complete BSG series (reimagined). So, if I fall behind in the GMRC or fail to comment on the blog, well, BSG is utterly absorbing

See you on the fragging other side
Top of the page Bottom of the page
whargoul
Posted 2012-05-25 5:56 PM (#3232 - in reply to #3230)
Subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica marathon

Admin

Nice. I'm doing the same thing with Doctor Who, but I started where the series rebooted in 2005 and once I get current I'm going to go back and watch the older (old) episodes. At least, that's the plan - I've tried to watch older episodes before and could barely sit through them.
Wilma
Posted 2012-05-29 2:12 AM (#3241 - in reply to #3232)

New User

Katee Sackhoff as Starbuck and Mary McDonnell added real substance to the characterizations of the series. It was at times quite heartbreaking to see them make the choices they did, particularly in season 3. I made it all so much more real. I hope you survive the twists and turns, and shocking revelations.
Emil
Posted 2012-05-29 3:45 AM (#3242 - in reply to #3241)

Uber User

So say we all, @Wilma
Emil
Posted 2012-06-21 7:15 AM (#3429 - in reply to #3230)

Uber User

Well, Battlestar Galactica's conclusion was very disappointing. I feel robbed.
Scary_Girl
Posted 2012-07-04 7:15 PM (#3579 - in reply to #3230)

Just have to say, BSG is the best thing that ever aired on television. IMHO, the characters, plot, scope, story line, science and technology were nearly perfect! It is the only TV show I own the entire series of including that webisode. The ending, yea it was a but of a deflation, but it went perfectly with Ron Moore's favorite theme - "All of this has happened before and it will all happen again".
Emil
Posted 2012-07-05 2:27 AM (#3583 - in reply to #3579)

Uber User

@Scary_Girl - despite the deflated ending, it is still one of the best series I've seen. I also have the whole collection, including the webisode. I'm a huge fan. Along with "Firefly" and "Space: Above and Beyond" and "Farscape" BSG is equally phenomenal. I even enjoyed "Caprica" for what it was.

"All of this has happened before and will all happen again"

Concluding like that, a lot more makes sense. My biggest gripe, though, is the re-appearance and disappearance of Starbuck. It just doesn't fit all that well. Was she supposed to be a Christ-like figure? That's all that makes sense to me, considering that she does actually "save" the humans. The show always had strong spiritual overtures, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I might have invested to much in the Starbuck's character
Scary_Girl
Posted 2012-07-05 9:20 AM (#3595 - in reply to #3230)

@Emil, Her disappearance was like being rubbed by sandpaper and then her reappearance was like being massaged with baby goose feathers.... Logically, it made no sense but just made for great entertainment. Yea, I had a serious girl crush on Starbuck. Christ-like...huh, I never made that connection, but you do have a point there.

I watched a few episodes of Caprica...but besides meeting the original Cylon, it didn't hold much water for me.

Nice signature quote by the way
hihik
Posted 2012-08-28 1:30 PM (#4053 - in reply to #3230)

Regular

spoilers, people!! :D

i'm marathoning through BSG now, just started the second season - it's an excellent show. firefly is now my second favorite sci-fi tv show.
Emil
Posted 2012-08-31 3:33 AM (#4073 - in reply to #4053)

Uber User

Oops, sorry about that @hihik. Come back after you marathon and give us your impressions. Enjoy!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)