open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." - J.R.R. Tolkien - Fellowship of the Ring
- (Added by: Administrator)

Revolution
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Film & TelevisionMessage format

splunge52
Posted 2012-10-17 8:53 AM (#4259)
Subject: Revolution

Has anybody been watching Revolution on NBC.

The premise reminds me of S.M. Stirling's "Emberverse" novels.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2012-10-17 11:36 AM (#4261 - in reply to #4259)
Subject: RE: Revolution

Admin

Hey splunge, I just started watching the other day on Hulu and I have to say it's better than I expected though not by much.  I like the premise and I've heard from others that it's like Stirling's books but I don't know first hand about that.  The acting is pretty wooden though there are a few stronger performances.  The lead girl is really annoying but I'm hoping she'll settle into the role as the season goes on and the writers get a better handle on things.

Last episode I saw had a great line by the big geeky guy about the whole world turning into a grade school playground run by bullies that fits the show as much as it fits the world the characters inhabit.  It all feels a little immature but I'll keep watching for now because I think it's got some potential.

What do you think of the show?  Anybody else catch it?

splunge52
Posted 2012-10-17 12:43 PM (#4262 - in reply to #4259)
Subject: RE: Revolution

I am also giving it a chance, But like all othe sci-fi programming it will be lucky to make it past the first season.
I fear it will end up on the heap with the likes of Terra Nova,Flash Forward and The Event.

Like you said, some of the acting is wooden. I like the story and where it could go. It is after all a Bad Robot production(J.J. Abrams).
Deven Science
Posted 2012-11-21 10:03 AM (#4341 - in reply to #4259)
Subject: Re: Revolution

Uber User

I'm watching this show, but it gets on my nerves!

You know the well endowed blonde in the horror movie that always does the exact opposite of what she should do? Runs upstairs, moves towards the scary noises, etc.? And how if she's not written well, she can actually be frustrating to watch? Every character on this show is the horror movie blonde.

They do the opposite of what they should do, with every decision. Stop him from blowing up the train! Wait, why? Now your enemy has a working train! Don't kill this boy! Wait, what? If you use half a brain, you know he's going to turn on you. The writers of this show assume we're as unintelligent as the characters are, and that we won't mind watching these people walk into the same trap every week.

I'll end my rant here, or else I could go on for a full page. I'm still watching it, but just barely. My wife likes it, but I've told her that she may soon be watching it by herself each week, if these characters don't get wise soon.
justifiedsinner
Posted 2012-12-03 9:29 AM (#4368 - in reply to #4259)
Subject: Re: Revolution

Uber User

I saw one episode and have to concur that this is awful dreck. The acting is atrocious even Giancarlo Esposito who is usually very good and the writing. The writing - well, to take a leaf out of the show's writers playbook: words cannot describe.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)