open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Where there are lies there cannot be freedom. -- H.G. Wells (Men Like Gods)
- (Added by: gallyangel)

Art appreciation
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> WWEnd Member ProjectsMessage format

Nickatnight
Posted 2013-01-30 10:07 PM (#4650)
Subject: Art appreciation

New User

Hello all! I wanted to introduce myself and tell you why I'm here!
My name is NIck and I am a professional illustrator. I have been interested/involved in science fiction and fantasy since I was a small boy. The stories, books, movies in this genre have always sparked my imagination in ways that no other literary subject could. Most of all I love the ART of fantasy and sci fi stories - as a matter of fact, I have devoted my career to it! On this forum I would like to connect with others who have the same fantasy/sci fi art appreciation that I do, maybe participate in some discussions and/or critiques and get feedback from time to time on my own work. Take a look at my website and tell me what you think. I would love some feedback! www.nick-greenwood.com
Later!
nick

ps - my wife handles all my business dealings and she is way hotter than me, so I use her face as my avatar.

Edited by Nickatnight 2013-01-30 10:09 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pauljames
Posted 2013-02-03 5:06 AM (#4668 - in reply to #4650)
Subject: Re: Art appreciation

Veteran

Your work is very impressive. I do not have much interest in art but a few years ago I discovered Clive Barker and was blown away by what I could access on the internet. I spent many hours viewing his creations. However to appreciate art I believe you must view the creation for long periods of time not just a few moments and unfortunately I do not have the patience for this, I would rather read.

I will be interested to hear the comments of the regular posters.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)