|Author:||Lois McMaster Bujold
|Series:||The Sharing Knife: Book 4|
|Sub-Genre Tags:||Romantic Fantasy|
|Avg Member Rating:||
The concluding volume in the epic fantasy saga from multiple Hugo Award-winning author Lois McMaster Bujold
A Lakewalker entrusted with protecting the populace from malices-terrifying remnants of ancient magic-Dag Redwing Hickory never expected to fall in love with Fawn Bluefield, the farmer girl he rescued. When they joined in marriage, defying their kin, they bridged the perilous split between their peoples. Now Dag's extraordinary maker abilities have grown-along with his fears about who and what he is becoming, and his frustration with the disdain in which Lakewalker soldier-sorcerers are expected to hold their farmer neighbors.
Fawn and Dag's world is changing, and the traditional Lake-walker practices cannot continue to hold every malice at bay. At the end of their long journey home, the pair must at last answer the question they've grappled with for so long: When the old traditions fail disastrously, can their untried new ways stand against their world's deadliest foe?
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
No images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
- Lois McMaster Bujold's The Sharing Knife: Horizon - Tor.com
I didn't re-read the first three Sharing Knife books before reading Horizon, having re-read them so recently. But I think it's best to consider them all as one thing, because they don't in any way stand alone. As one thing, I liked ...
- Lois McMaster Bujold ? The Sharing Knife: Horizon | Fyrefly's Book ...
159. Horizon by Lois McMaster Bujold (2009) The Sharing Knife, Book 4 Read my review of book: 1. Beguilement 2. Legacy 3. Passage Length: 453 pages Genre: Fantasy Started: 19 December 2010 Finished: 23 December ...
- A discussion with Lois McMaster Bujold 02/18 by The Beyond | Blog ...
Join Lois McMaster Bujold as she discusses her new NEW YORK TIMES bestselling book, THE SHARING KNIFE, VOL. 4: HORIZON and takes questions from callers. Tags: lois bujold · sharing knife · eos · book · fantasy.
- Review: Sharing Knife: Horizon by Lois McMaster Bujold
I had the privilege recently to read the Sharing Knife series by Lois McMaster Bujold, courtesy of Eos. This four volume series tells the story of the young farmgirl Fawn and her relationship with the middle-aged Dag.
- Deep Thoughts: The Sharing Knife: Horizon by Lois McMaster Bujold
Dag is a Lakewalker, a set of people who live mostly off the land, moving from camp to camp in search of magical blights to the land, called Malices. Unlike the farmers, who settle in one place and are tied to the land, the ...
- J's Take on Sharing Knife: Horizon by Lois McMaster Bujold
Horizon is the fourth and final book in the Sharing Knife series by Lois McMaster Bujold. Having reached the bottom of the river, Dag and Fawn go off to see if he can get some training from a Lakewalker healer. Wherein we ...
- The Sharing Knife: Horizon by Lois McMaster Bujold
Bujold, Lois McMaster - Horizon. As I'm sure I've said before, I'm a Lois McMaster Bujold fan-girl. I've read almost everything she's written (I think the only things I haven't read are The Spirit Ring and the book of essays, ...
- The Sharing Knife: Horizon by Lois McMaster Bujold | Lighthearted ...
The Sharing Knife: Horizon by Lois McMaster Bujold. March 2, 2010 Array Filed under Book Reviews Array Tagged Horizon, Lois McMaster Bujold, The Sharing Knife. Dag and Fawn continue their mission to bring Lakewalkers and farmers together.
- The Book God's Blog: Horizon by Lois McMaster Bujold
I waited impatiently for this book to come along Patrick Rothfuss's second book The Wise Man's Fear(still waiting on that one! *shakes fist*)and found myself wishing for a fifth book (no news on whether there will be one yet.)
- The Sharing Knife: Horizon by Lois McMaster Bujold: B-
From the front flap: In a world where malices?remnants of ancient magic?can erupt with life-destroying power, only soldier-sorcerer Lakewalkers have mastered the ability to kill them. But Lakewalkers keep their uncanny ...
- 'The Sharing Knife, Vol. 4: Horizon e-book', dellarocha's blog ...
4: Horizon book download. Download The Sharing Knife, Vol. 4: Horizon The end of the book neatly wraps up the story of Dag and Fawn in the. 4)(Library Edition) by Lois McMaster Bujold and a great selection of similar Used, ...
- The Sharing Knife: Horizon (Lois McMaster Bujold)
The Plot After seeing the ocean, Dag and Fawn head for their next destination, a Lakewalker camp rumored to house a Healer who might be able to answer some of Dag's concerns and questions. Arkady Waterbirch, the ...
- Horizon, by Lois McMaster Bujold - nwhyte - LiveJournal
The end of the four-volume Sharing Knife series, in which the romance / action plot, of mutual suspicions between two human cultures, equally threatened by an 'orrible supernatural menace, resolves in entirely satisfactory ...
- The Sharing Knife Book Four: Horizon, by Lois McMaster Bujold
The concluding volume in the epic fantasy saga from multiple Hugo Award-winning author Lois McMaster Bujold A Lakewalker entrusted with protecting the populace from terrifying remnants of ancient magic, Dag Redwing ...
- Genre Go Round Reviews: Horizon-Lois McMaster Bujold
Horizon Lois McMaster Bujold Eos, Feb 2009, $25.95. ISBN 9780061375361. The Malices continue their success of converting helpless humans into murderous ?mudmen.? The only resistance against the evil Malices remains ...