Hwarhath Stories: Transgressive Tales by Aliens
Aqueduct Press, 2016
This book does not appear to be part of a series. If this is incorrect, and you know the name of the series to which it belongs, please let us know.
|Avg Member Rating:||
Hwarhath Stories: Transgressive Tales by Aliens collects a dozen Hwarhath tales with commentary by their translator. As the translator notes, "Humanity has encountered only one other species able to travel among the stars. This species, who call themselves the hwarhath, or 'people,' are also the only intelligent species so far encountered. Of course, we interest and puzzle and disturb each other... The stories in this collection were written after the hwarhath learned enough about humanity to realize how similar (and different) we are. Our existence has called into question many ideas about life and morality that most hwarhath would have called certain a century ago..." "One of the strongest collections of science fiction stories you're ever likely to find. It's hard to think of anybody other than Ursula K. Le Guin who was written better anthropological science fiction than Eleanor Arnason, and this very strong collection gather some of the best stories published by anybody during the last two decades." -- Gardner Dozois, author of When Great Days Come, editor of Year's Best Science Fiction series
Table of Contents:
- The Semen Thief - (1994) - shortstory
- The Lovers - (1994) - novelette
- The Small Black Box of Morality - (1996) - shortstory
- The Gauze Banner - (1998) - novelette
- Dapple - (1999) - novella
- The Actors - (1999) - novella
- Origin Story - (2000) - shortstory
- The Potter of Bones - (2002) - novella
- The Hound of Merin - (1993) - novelette
- The Garden - (2004) - novella
- The Woman Who Fooled Death Five Times - (2012) - shortstory
- Holmes Sherlock - (2012) - shortstory
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
There are currently no reviews for this novel. Be the first to submit one! You must be logged in to submit a review in the BookTrackr section above.
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!