The Beast That Shouted Love at the Heart of the World
This book does not appear to be part of a series. If this is incorrect, and you know the name of the series to which it belongs, please let us know.
|Avg Member Rating:||
"It crouches near the center of creation. There is no night where it waits. Only the riddle of which terrible dream will set it loose. It beheaded mercy to take possession of that place. It feasts on darkness from the minds of men. No one has ever seen its eyeless face. When it sleeps we know a few moments of peace. But when it breathes again we go down in fire and mate with jackals. It knows our fear. It has our number. It waited for our coming and it will abide long after we have become congealed smoke. It has never heard music, and shows its fangs when we panic. It is the beast of our savage past, hungering today, and waiting patiently for the mortal meal of all our golden tomorrows. It lies waiting."
15 stories by Harlan Ellison
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: The Waves in Rio - (1969) - essay
- The Beast That Shouted Love at the Heart of the World - (1968) - novelette
- Along the Scenic Route - (1969) - shortstory
- Phoenix - (1969) - shortstory
- Asleep: With Still Hands - (1968) - novelette
- Santa Claus vs. S.P.I.D.E.R. - (1969) - novelette
- Try a Dull Knife - (1968) - shortstory
- The Pitll Pawob Division - (1968) - shortstory
- The Place with No Name - shortstory
- White on White - (1968) - shortstory
- Run for the Stars - (1957) - novelette
- Are You Listening? - (1958) - shortstory
- S.R.O. - (1957) - shortstory
- Worlds to Kill - (1968) - novelette
- Shattered Like a Glass Goblin - (1968) - shortstory
- A Boy and His Dog - (1969) - novella
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
There are currently no reviews for this novel. Be the first to submit one! You must be logged in to submit a review in the BookTrackr section above.
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!