Men Against the Stars
Gnome Press, 1950
|Series:||Adventures in Science Fiction: Book 1|
|Avg Member Rating:||
Hailed by critics at the time of its publication as a quantum leap forward in both quality and concept for science fiction anthologies, Martin Greenberg's thematically edited Men Against the Stars is a collection of twelve lengthy stories whose authors read like a Who's Who of Golden Age sci-fi, including Isaac Asimov, Murray Leinster, A.E. Van Vogt, L. Ron Hubbard, and E.M. Hull. Greenberg's collection was a thoroughly contemplated and planned project, a selection of the finest available stories on theme, ranging back as far as 1939.
Table of Contents:
- 3 - Foreword (Men Against the Stars) - (1950) - essay by Martin Greenberg
- 5 - Introduction (Men Against the Stars) - (1950) - essay by Willy Ley
- 13 - Trends - (1939) - short story by Isaac Asimov
- 35 - Men Against the Stars - (1938) - novelette by Manly Wade Wellman
- 59 - The Red Death of Mars - (1940) - novelette by Robert Moore Williams
- 92 - Locked Out - (1940) - short story by H. B. Fyfe
- 108 - The Iron Standard - (1943) - novelette by Henry Kuttner and C. L. Moore [as by Lewis Padgett]
- 141 - Schedule - (1945) - short story by Harry Walton
- 159 - Far Centaurus - (1944) - short story by A. E. van Vogt
- 183 - Cold Front - (1946) - novelette by Hal Clement
- 235 - The Plants - (1946) - short story by Murray Leinster
- 253 - Competition - [Artur Blord] - (1943) - novelette by E. Mayne Hull
- 281 - Bridle and Saddle - [Foundation (Original Stories) - 2] - (1942) - novelette by Isaac Asimov
- 335 - When Shadows Fall - (1948) - short story by L. Ron Hubbard
No excerpt currently exists for this novel.
There are currently no reviews for this novel. Be the first to submit one! You must be logged in to submit a review in the BookTrackr section above.
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel.