Maria Dahvana Headley
This book does not appear to be part of a series. If this is incorrect, and you know the name of the series to which it belongs, please let us know.
|Sub-Genre Tags:||Historical Fantasy|
|If you liked Unnatural Creatures you might like these books.|
|Avg Member Rating:||
Unnatural Creatures is a collection of short stories about the fantastical things that exist only in our minds--collected and introduced by beloved New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman.
The sixteen stories gathered by Gaiman, winner of the Hugo and Nebula Awards, range from the whimsical to the terrifying. The magical creatures range from werewolves to sunbirds to beings never before classified. E. Nesbit, Diana Wynne Jones, Gahan Wilson, and other literary luminaries contribute to the anthology.
Sales of Unnatural Creatures benefit 826DC, a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting students in their creative and expository writing, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction - essay by Neil Gaiman
- * - (1972) - short story by Gahan Wilson
- The Cartographer Wasps and the Anarchist Bees - (2011) - short story by E. Lily Yu
- The Griffin and the Minor Canon - (1885) - short story by Frank R. Stockton
- Ozioma the Wicked (2013) - short fiction by Nnedi Okorafor
- Sunbird - (2005) - novelette by Neil Gaiman
- The Sage of Theare - (1982) - novelette by Diana Wynne Jones
- Gabriel-Ernest - (1909) - short story by Saki
- The Cockatoucan; or, Great-Aunt Willoughby - (1900) - short story by E. Nesbit
- Moveable Beast (2013) - short fiction by Maria Dahvana Headley
- The Flight of the Horse - (1969) - short story by Larry Niven
- Prismatica - (1977) - novelette by Samuel R. Delany
- The Manticore, the Mermaid, and Me (2013) - short fiction by Megan Kurashige
- The Compleat Werewolf - (1942) - novella by Anthony Boucher
- The Smile on the Face - (2004) - short story by Nalo Hopkinson
- Or All the Seas with Oysters - (1958) - short story by Avram Davidson
- Come Lady Death - (1963) - short story by Peter S. Beagle
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!