Edge of Infinity
|Series:||Infinities: Book 2|
|Avg Member Rating:||
ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND
Those were Neil Armstrong's immortal words when he became the first human being to step onto another world. All at once, the horizon expanded; the human race was no longer Earthbound.
Edge of Infinity is an exhilarating new SF anthology that looks at the next giant leap for humankind: the leap from our home world out into the Solar System. From the eerie transformations in Pat Cadigan's "The Girl-Thing Who Went Out for Sushi" to the frontier spirit of Sandra McDonald and Stephen D. Covey's "The Road to NPS," and from the grandiose vision of Alastair Reynolds' "Vainglory" to the workaday familiarity of Kristine Kathryn Rusch's "Safety Tests," the thirteen stories in this anthology span the whole of the human condition in their race to colonise Earth's nearest neighbours.
Featuring stories by Hannu Rajaniemi, Alastair Reynolds, James S. A. Corey, John Barnes, Stephen Baxter, Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Elizabeth Bear, Pat Cadigan, Gwyneth Jones, Paul McAuley, Sandra McDonald, Stephen D. Covey, An Owomoyela, and Bruce Sterling, Edge of Infinity is hard SF adventure at its best and most exhilarating.
Table of Contents
- Introduction (Edge of Infinity) - essay by Jonathan Strahan
- The Girl-Thing Who Went Out For Sushi - novelette by Pat Cadigan
- The Deeps of the Sky - shortfiction by Elizabeth Bear
- Drive - shortfiction by James S. A. Corey
- The Road to NPS - shortfiction by Sandra McDonald and Stephen D. Covey
- Swift as a Dream and Fleeting as a Sigh - shortstory by John Barnes
- Macy Minnot's Last Christmas on Dione, Ring Racing, Fiddler's Green, the Potter's Garden - shortstory by Paul J. McAuley
- Safety Tests - shortfiction by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- Bricks, Sticks, Straw - shortstory by Gwyneth Jones
- Tyche and the Ants - shortstory by Hannu Rajaniemi
- Obelisk - shortfiction by Stephen Baxter
- Vainglory - shortfiction by Alastair Reynolds
- Water Rights - shortfiction by An Owomoyela
- The Peak of Eternal Light - novelette by Bruce Sterling
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!