The 2017 William Gibson Read-Along
I propose spending 2017 in William Gibson territory. You can choose 3, 6, 9 or 13 books for the year, and please feel free to ignore the monthly schedule; any of Gibson's books at any time during the year. I'm going to attempt thirteen books, commencing with his collection of short stories Burning Chrome.
The Reading Schedule
- January - Burning Chrome (1986)
- February - Neuromancer (1984)
- March - Count Zero (1986)
- April - Mona Lisa Overdrive (1988)
- May - The Difference Engine (1990; with Bruce Sterling)
- June - Virtual Light (1993)
- July - Idoru (1996)
- August - All Tomorrow's Parties (1999)
- September - Pattern Recognition (2003)
- October - Spook Country (2007)
- November - Zero History (2010)
- December - The Peripheral (2014)
- Bonus Read, (anytime) - Distrust That Particular Flavor (2012) or IDW Publishing's Archangel* (2016-2017)
*Gibson's recent foray into comic book territory. It's a five-issue limited series and has been garnering praise in the blogosphere.
Please feel free to join me at any time. It would be great to be able to compare thoughts and reviews on any of these books.
Note: You must be a logged in member of WWEnd to join this challenge. Join WWEnd