|Full Name:||Lucius Taylor Shepard|
|Born:||August 21, 1947
Lucius Shepard lives in Vancouver, Washington, and is the award-winning author of four books, including Beast of the Heartland and The Jaguar Hunter, which was named a New York Times Notable Book of the Year.
Non Series Works
No images currently exist for this author. Be the first to add one.
No videos currently exist for this author. Be the first to submit a YouTube link.
- The SF Site Featured Review: Five Autobiographies and a Fiction
"Writers tend to romanticize the sordid" one avatar of Lucius Shepard says in the longest and best of the stories here. Well, not all writers do, but it has been Shepard's stock in trade since he first began to conjure versions of the Vietnam War in ...
- QuasarDragon: Celebrating the Birth . . . Lucius Shepard
Lucius Shepard (born August 21, 1947) A prestigious Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Magic Realism writer, Shepard has won Hugo, Nebula, World Fantasy, and John W. Campbell awards and been nominated numerous times.
- Five Autobiographies and a Fiction by Lucius Shepard - Tor.com
A review of Lucius Shepard's new collection, Five Autobiographies and a Fiction.
- Collection: Eternity and Other Stories by Lucius Shepard
Reading Eternity and Other Stories (2005) reminded me, decades after the fact, of how huge an influence Lucius Shepard was on me during my formative writing years. I read and re-read his collections The Jaguar Hunter and ...
- Interview: The Weird and Lucius Shepard - Weird Fiction Review
Lucius Shepard (1947 ? ) is an award-winning American writer whose fiction often contains an element of supernatural horror and reflects personal experience from his extensive travels overseas. Briefly associated with the ...
- Lucius Shepard: An Expatriate Writer of Exotic Tales by Jason S ...
There's an old saw about writers, are you a Hemingway or a Faulkner? Do you travel the world to write, or hunker down and find the secret language of one place like no one else? Lucius Shepard's work ignores such binary sound bites.
- The SF Site Featured Review: The Best of Lucius Shepard
The Best of Lucius Shepard. Lucius Shepard Lucius Shepard was born in Lynchburg, Virginia, in 1947. He has travelled extensively in Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and Asia. He lives in Seattle. Mr Shepard has won a number of ...
- Author Spotlight: Lucius Shepard by E.C. Myers | Nightmare Magazine
Stories just come to me, sometimes over a period of years, sometimes over a few days. I'm not into self-analysis, so I don't explore their origins, but in this case it was obvious. I was an abused child, and a very angry teenager and young man.
- Tesatorul: Lucius Shepard, "Barnacle Bill the Spacer" (1997)
Arrayn vara anului 2000, dupa ce citisem mai multe nuvele de Lucius Shepard si romanul LifeDuring Wartime, am luat cu Arraymprumut de la domnul Cristian Lazarescu o colectie de proza scurta de acelasi autor intitulata Barnacle Bill ...
- Happiness is Free SF: Salvador, by Lucius Shepard
In any case, I, like many other small bloggers, have read Salvador by Lucius Shepard, and am going to write about it. Shepard is known as an SF writer but he is quite literary, and this one is very much in the vein of heavy ...
- Strange Horizons Reviews: The Dragon Griaule by Lucius Shepard ...
Lucius Shepard published his first story of the immobilized, mountainous dragon named Griaule in 1984, and each of the four stories since "The Man Who Painted the Dragon Griaule" has furthered the purpose of showing up ...
- Strange Horizons Reviews: The Best of Lucius Shepard, reviewed ...
There is an instructive story behind this review; a parable of sorts, about the dangers of making snap critical judgements in the light of very little evidence. Almost a year ago now I was handed a piece of Lucius Shepard's short ...
- Griaule Abides: The Dragon Griaule by Lucius Shepard | Tor.com
Griaule Abides: A Review of The Dragon Griaule by Lucius Shepard.
- The SF Site Featured Review: The Taborin Scale
The Taborin Scale. Lucius Shepard Lucius Shepard was born in Lynchburg, Virginia, in 1947. He has travelled extensively in Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and Asia. He lives in Seattle. Mr Shepard has won a number of World Fantasy ...
- The Ease With Which We Freed the Beast by Lucius Shepard ...
Me and Molly Bruin were lying on our stomachs atop a sea cliff overlooking Droughans Beach, fresh from a fuck and lolling there, our skins stuck with bits from the weeds and tall grasses that cloaked our sin, with the wind in ...