Tales From The Perilous Realm
|Author:||J. R. R. Tolkien
Houghton Mifflin, 2008
HarperCollins UK, 1997
This book does not appear to be part of a series. If this is incorrect, and you know the name of the series to which it belongs, please let us know.
|Sub-Genre Tags:||Fairytale Fantasy|
|If you liked Tales From The Perilous Realm you might like these books.|
|Avg Member Rating:||
The definitive collection of Tolkien's classic "fairie" tales, in the vein of The Hobbit, illustrated by Oscar winner Alan Lee
Never before published in a single volume, Tolkien's four novellas (Farmer Giles of Ham, Leaf by Niggle, Smith of Wootton Major, and Roverandom) and one book of poems (The Adventures of Tom Bombadil) are gathered together for the first time, in a fully illustrated volume. This new, definitive collection of works -- which had appeared separately, in various formats, between 1949 and 1998 -- comes with a brand-new foreword and endmatter, and with a series of detailed pencil illustrations by Alan Lee, in the style of his other award-winning Tolkien work, most recently in The Children of Húrin.
The book is the perfect opportunity for fans of Middle-earth to enjoy some of Tolkien's often overlooked yet most creative storytelling. With dragons and sand sorcerers, sea monsters and hobbits, knights and dwarves, this collection contains all the classic elements for Tolkien buffs of all ages.
- Introduction - (2008) - by Tom Shippey
- Roverandom - (1998) - novella by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Farmer Giles of Ham - (1949) - novella by J. R. R. Tolkien
- The Adventures of Tom Bombadil - (1962) - collection by J. R. R. Tolkien (variant of The Adventures of Tom Bombadil and Other Verses from the Red Book)
- Smith of Wootton Major - (1967) - novella by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Leaf by Niggle - (1964) - shortstory by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Appendix: On Fairy Stories - (1964) - by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Afterward - (2008) - by Allen Lee
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!