Bloodchild and Other Stories
|Author:||Octavia E. Butler
Open Road Integrated Media, 2012
Four Walls Eight Windows, 1995
This book does not appear to be part of a series. If this is incorrect, and you know the name of the series to which it belongs, please let us know.
|Avg Member Rating:||
Six remarkable stories from a master of modern science fiction.
Octavia E. Butler's classic "Bloodchild," winner of both the Nebula and Hugo awards, anchors this collection of incomparable stories and essays. "Bloodchild" is set on a distant planet where human children spend their lives preparing to become hosts for the offspring of the alien Tlic. Sometimes the procedure is harmless, but often it is not. Also included is the Hugo Award-winning "Speech Sounds," about a near future in which humans must adapt after an apocalyptic event robs them of their ability to speak.
In these pages, Butler shows us life on Earth and amongst the stars, telling her tales with characteristic imagination and clarity.
Table of Contents:
- Preface - (1995) - essay
- Bloodchild - (1984) - novelette
- The Evening and the Morning and the Night - (1987) - novelette
- Near of Kin - (1979) - shortstory
- Speech Sounds - (1983) - shortstory
- Crossover - (1971) - shortstory
- Positive Obsession - (1989) - essay
- Furor Scribendi - (1993) - essay
Some edtions also included
- Amnesty - (2003) - novelette
- The Book of Martha - (2003) - shortstory
Listen to a podcast of the story "Bloodchild" at Drabblecast.
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
Have you got a cover image that we don't have? Submit an alternate cover image for Bloodchild and Other Stories here!