open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Where men can't live gods fare no better." - Cormac McCarthy (The Road)
- (Added by: Emil)

Author Videos in the Resources section
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Welcome to Worlds Without End! -> New Features & NewsMessage format

Administrator
Posted 2008-05-09 6:17 PM (#1359)
Subject: Author Videos in the Resources section

Admin

hello all,

we've just added a new page to the Resources section called Author Videos.  pretty self explanatory really, but i'll give you a few details about where we're going with this.

- the videos we present are all related to the authors in our database.  we've got biographies, interviews and talks given by various authors on various subjects mostly related to their books and writing etc.

- we'll be adding to the list as we find more.  if you know of a good video we've missed please let us know about it.  we're mostly looking for authors in our database but any good vids by SF&F authors will be considered.  the videos must be on you tube for us to add them to the play list.

- this page will house all the videos we find in one place.  we're working on adding the vids to the individual author pages so look for that soon.

- the video page will change and evolve over time as circumstances dictate.  we may end up ditching the player and go to links or something like that.  if you have ideas on how we can improve it let us know.

there's some really good stuff in there so check it out.  the Neil Gaiman Authors @ Google video is very interesting and entertaining.

- dave

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2008-06-12 9:00 AM (#1377 - in reply to #1359)
Subject: Author Video Updates

Admin

hello again,

i hope everyone's been enjoying the author vids section so far.  we've been combing YouTube for new videos and have added another dozen or so in the last few days.  as promised, we've added the author vids to the author pages as well.  this makes it easier to find the ones you're looking for.

right now it's just a simple unordered list of links.  we'll be adding thumbnail images next to jazz it up a bit.

i recommend you check out the 3 new vids of Robert J. Sawyer.  his take on Star Wars and George Lucas is pretty entertaining stuff!

- dave

Administrator
Posted 2008-06-13 11:44 AM (#1378 - in reply to #1359)
Subject: Re: Author Videos in the Resources section

Admin

ok, the thumbnails are up for the videos and it looks pretty slick. draws the eye better than the list and the thumbs have the video length on them so you can see how long they are before you click.

- dave
Deven Science
Posted 2008-06-13 1:18 PM (#1379 - in reply to #1378)

Uber User

Pretty cool, but some of them say "video no longer available" when I click on them. The one hour Neil Gaiman, and the Isaac Asimov vids. I'll try again today, to see if it was my end.
Administrator
Posted 2008-06-13 1:35 PM (#1380 - in reply to #1359)

Admin

hmmm. not sure what that's about. i'm getting those vids just fine. i did have some jk rowling vids that went away but i never linked those.

let me know if you keep having that issue.

- dave
Administrator
Posted 2008-06-27 8:22 AM (#1405 - in reply to #1380)

Admin

just added 3 new author vids you should check out.  the guys at http://www.starshipsofa.com/ have done a 3 part video interview with Michael Moorcock.  good stuff!

- dave

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)