open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Unprovided with original learning, unformed in the habits of thinking, unskilled in the arts of composition, I resolved to write a book." - Edward Gibbon
- (Added by: Administrator)

site upgrade
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Welcome to Worlds Without End! -> New Features & NewsMessage format

Administrator
Posted 2008-08-25 8:49 AM (#1431)
Subject: site upgrade

Admin

so we've just completed a pretty major site upgrade and i thought i'd point out some of the new changes:

- wider site - we made the site wider so we could accommodate the other changes we had in mind

- new menu - changed the menu to a transparent tab style menu with larger links and updated the submenu to have a white background and lager links.  much brighter and cleaner.

- larger images - we've bumped up all the images in the awards listings and in the novel pages etc.  got rid of the mouse-over magnification and just put the large image into the page.  simpler.  be sure to check out the podcast and magazine pages in resources too.  much better looking layout.

- larger text - we did a big-up on all the text to make the site easier to read.

- IE6 - corrected a bunch of CSS issues with IE6 so those folks should see the site much closer to how we intended.  you won't get the transparent menu tabs but we're working on getting around that issue.

- fractal headers - updated the main header images and changed a few out all together.

lots of other small changes as well.  take a look around and let us know what you think of the changes.  there is still some tweaking to do but it's mostly done.  if you find anything wonky on your browser/system please let us know about it so we can fix it.  thanks!

- dave

Top of the page Bottom of the page
kayphere
Posted 2008-08-25 1:38 PM (#1432 - in reply to #1431)
Subject: RE: site upgrade

New User

Dave,

Absolutely beautiful!

Congratulations to my extremely hard working and motivated husband!!!

You should pick up a bottle of champagne (or Shiner Bock) on the way home and we can celebrate!

Love ya lots,
Karen
Administrator
Posted 2008-08-30 10:34 AM (#1435 - in reply to #1431)
Subject: Re: site upgrade

Admin

thank you, my dear!

- dave
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)