open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect." - Steven Wright
- (Added by: The Shadow)

Watchmen
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Film & TelevisionMessage format

Deven Science
Posted 2009-01-26 4:52 PM (#1567)
Subject: Watchmen

Uber User

A great many of my blog friends are protesting this movie, or even the idea of it, but I respectfully disagree. I'm very much looking forward to this film.

I liked 300 quite a bit, for it's innovative style, and it's simple story. So I trust fanboy Zack Snyder to keep it as true as possible (yes, I know about the change made at the end, and I'm fine with it. I'm not sure the original creature featured in the novel would translate well to the big screen), and I like the trailers I've seen so far.

As to the graphic novel from which it came, I have read it, and I really, really liked it. I'm not a comic book guy, but I was very impressed with the structure, and how the narration and the picture shown were not the same, but two different plot-lines running a the same time, and yet they still fit together, as if the narration could be speaking of either plot-line. But will that translate well on the screen? It may be simplified, or they may shoot it as is. Either way, I'm hopeful that it will be done well, and I look forward to it in just a couple of months.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2009-01-26 4:59 PM (#1568 - in reply to #1567)
Subject: Re: Watchmen

Admin

I've not read the graphic novel yet so I'm pretty much up for anything. I think the previews look really good so I'm looking forward to it but I won't be devestated if they don't get it spot on. I've been pretty much ignoring all the hoopla surrounding the flick so I won't be expecting too much. Great expectations have ruined many a movie for me in the past.

- Dave
jynnantonnyx
Posted 2009-03-10 9:49 AM (#1591 - in reply to #1567)
Subject: RE: Watchmen

Uber User

The film did a decent job of presenting and adapting the book. As a movie it suffers a bit because of the length and the frequent digressions, but overall it worked quite nicely, I think. I will avoid talking about the book's content for now, since some of the board participants haven't read it yet.
Deven Science
Posted 2009-03-19 6:28 PM (#1599 - in reply to #1591)
Subject: RE: Watchmen

Uber User

I loved the movie. Loved it. The bits with Rorschach were brilliant.
Administrator
Posted 2009-03-22 9:46 PM (#1603 - in reply to #1567)
Subject: Re: Watchmen

Admin

I'm with Deven, Rorschach was the best part. Pretty damn good movie overall. It was a bit overlong and there was way too much blue penis, but I really enjoyed it. Now I can read the comic.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)