open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more old drunks than there are old doctors." ― Willie Nelson
- (Added by: Acknud)

Ranking dropdown on My World: Books I've Read
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

htaccess
Posted 2009-12-29 2:33 PM (#1755)
Subject: Ranking dropdown on My World: Books I've Read

Veteran

Hi

Another feature request:

Could a dropdown box with the current ranking be added to the Books I've Read section of the My World page. I find I do not always rank the books when I add them (for various reasons). There is no easy way to find the books I have not ranked.

A slightly easier implementation than a dropdown and submit button would be to simply show the ranking in the grey header box.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2009-12-31 12:04 AM (#1759 - in reply to #1755)
Subject: Re: Ranking dropdown on My World: Books I've Read

Admin

This is an excellent suggestion! It's weird how the simple things slip past you. Such an obvious thing like that would be a benefit for everyone. I like to see what other members have rated the books I'm familiar with so seeing them all at once would be ideal.

whargoul was keen on this as well. As a simple fix we can add it to the top gray bar, as you suggested, aligned to the right. I'll post back here when we get that in. Thanks.
Administrator
Posted 2010-01-04 6:48 PM (#1762 - in reply to #1755)

Admin

Novel ratings are now displaying on the My World page for the Favorites and Books I've Read lists. That's really convenient for seeing how other members have rated their books all in one place. Thanks again to htaccess for the suggestion.

Just FYI, we'll be switching from a 1-10 scale to a 5 Star scale eventually. I prefer to have more options than just 5 but 5 stars reads easier than the blue bars we've got and it seems to be the standard on the net. We'll keep the actual 10 scale by allowing half stars so we'll transfer all the current ratings over thusly:

10 = 5 stars
9 = 4.5 stars
8 = 4 stars
7 = 3.5 stars
6 = 3 stars
5 = 2.5 stars
4 = 2 stars
3 = 1.5 stars
2 = 1 star
1 - 1/2 star

Some of your ratings may need to be adjusted after the switch but it should be pretty straight forward. We'll round the fractions up to the nearest half star for the member averages. Stay tuned.
htaccess
Posted 2010-01-11 5:36 PM (#1770 - in reply to #1762)

Veteran

Looks good, thanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)